Profire 2626 question (relating to line ins)

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
I don't have my Profire here, nor the means to test this at home ATM.

If you run a 1/4" cable into the preamp of the Profire 2626, the gain cannot be adjusted from the knob on the front, but if you pull the gain knob out, will it still enable the 20dB pad?

I'm pretty sure the gain works just fine on both my line inputs on the front :X can confirm later though.

After reading some positive comments from Andy about those DrumDial triggers, I have become interested in trying some different low cost triggers (the DD's being one of them). However, in contrast to the DDrum Pros I have now, they have a 1/4" output, not XLR like the DDrums. My concern is that IF the signal is too hot, I cannot get it any lower.

I know the quick answer will be that it doesn't matter, and it may not. But I don't want to send a signal that clips the inputs in fear of damaging something, not too mention that IF the transient is too loud it won't trigger appropriately on fast stuff, perhaps.

I don't want to have to invest in a set of specialty cables to run these triggers, either. I have plenty of nice XLR and 1/4" cables to not really be down for buying the correct 1/4 to XLR cables.

It won't clip, it will be weak and noisy. You are better off using XLR some adapters.

Just buy a handful of really short, really cheap Hosa 1/4" to XLR male cables, like one or two feet, and chain them to the XLR cables you already have. I'm doing the exact same thing, ordered some of the Drumdial triggers to mount on my crapper out Ddrums. The short cables should only run you like $30 maybe for 5 of em.