Local news

nice photos, no snow over here in Sochi, and Adler, but on Polyana yeah .... anyway news for today im having free day of work, for packing my stuff cause in morning im flying back home for vacation 3.5 weeks of resting will be good before coming back to cold and freezed Krasnaya Polyana, Russia

1-new-year-bear.gif

Happy new year! The fireworks in Helsinki were decidedly less spectacular, but if a Finn has to decide between a bottle of booze for New Year's Eve or a bunch of rockets, the latter won't stand much of a chance.

Here's a fresh piece of news you won't come across too often - fishermen complaining that the fish are too big. More specifically the giant pikes of more than 10 kg that seem to be increasingly common in the Helsinki area (and supposedly difficult to sell).

As the expert quoted at the end of the article points out, growing to that size is a very respectable feat, given that it requires outsmarting two-legged predators for more than ten years: "Iso hauki on viisas kala" - a huge pike is a wise fish.

Jukka+Pihlman

ОК, so we're having a mass national hysteria over the new tourist logo of the country and in the past three days there was so much hate and trolling on the subject, that I am increasingly annoyed. Here it is
Please, look at the pictures and tell me what do you see in it and do you like it from the perspective of non-Bulgarians and potential visitors of the country.
I think there is something wrong with me, as it seems I am the only person in the country who likes it and gets it.

My first thought was intestines, honestly. Dunno why.
Then lips forming a kissing shape.
Then I noticed the details. It's cute, actually, but maybe a bit too complicated.

What's the whole hate actually about?

It took a bit before I deciphered the beach. Got the flower right away.

It's pleasant to look at and isn't bad design work, it's just not as intuitive as would be most effective. I've seen worse logos. The University of California's most recent one that they canceled after a similar uproar looked kinda like a toilet being flushed.

You have no idea how good Bulgarian salads are :Smokedev:

Is that what they're promoting then?
BULGARIA---SALAD CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!!!:worship:

Well I like salads though. Nothing too fruity or nutty. Feta, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. Mmmmm I'm getting hungry now.
:Spam: