Logic is really fucking me off

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Logic is being a right fucking gaylord. I've got about eight guitar-tracks all using Amplitube 3. So my CPU is pegging, and I want to free up some resources.

I've frozen all the tracks. Memory is still being raped. So then I un-freeze everything, and try rendering tracks one by one using the bounce in place functionality. Half of the time, it goes through the render process, but doesn't replace the track! So I have to sit there hoping it will work.
:puke:

Then I render a track with AT3 on it, bounce in place. It works fine. But I look in my mixer... and the track is still there, with AT3 on it - so what's the fucking point in that feature!?!

Then I render a track with AT3 on it, bounce in place. It works fine. But I look in my mixer... and the track is still there, with AT3 on it - so what's the fucking point in that feature!?!

In the Bounce-In-Place dialogue box you need to select "mute original" or something.

when a track (or regions on that track) is muted there is no precessing being done.

EDIT: Amplitube 3 is an absolute Pig for resources, i feel your pain.
what other plugins are you running in that session?

I *did* mute the original dude, that's my point :)

Logic is just doing nonsensical things. Case in point:

I figured, okay, bounce in place isn't working properly, but freeze is. Start a new project, and import the aif files that result from the freeze (after copying them to a safe place)

And what do you know.... all the tracks are SILENT! :lol:

I can see the waveform... but the tracks are silent. Nothing muted or anything like that - it's as if the files are tagged as "don't play these files" or something.

I've got Kontakt, and about 10 instances of AT3. Plus a bunch of the glue compressor, a delay, and a space designer.

thats the feeling i get every time i have to glance at that piss poor ass backwards excuse for a DAW

thats the feeling i get every time i have to glance at that piss poor ass backwards excuse for a DAW

+ Infinity, I get put in a bad mood just thinking about using logic idk why but i really cant stand it.

Kind of OT but does AT3 take up more resources than AT2/Metal? Im assuming being it has some new features that it probably does, but im not sure.

Yeah, AT3 is quite a bit more hungry than AT2. But it's worth it in my opinion.

I like Logic, but there are some annoying things about it. Pisses all over Pro Tools imho though.

Sure, vs HD it's debatable, but Logic Pro crushes LE. Especially if you're using any software instruments.

i am using logic for three months now at the sime time as Nuendo 4, and every time i use it I feel like shooting a bullet to my head. It just does so many things that are really odd.

i am using logic for three months now at the sime time as Nuendo 4, and every time i use it I feel like shooting a bullet to my head. It just does so many things that are really odd.

try rtfm :loco:

Some tutorials are surprisingly helpful with specific things. Check youtube. While I admit I didn't enjoy it, the way I've learned Logic so far has been reading the manual and then reminding myself of the things I forget by watching tuts

I prefer Pro Tools for editing, just seems to work better for me.Ive only used LE though.
but for mixing it has to be logic!

im mostly using HD at the mo....soooooooo
most plugins i use these day don't have any delay anyway.
Hows editing audio in Logic for you? Like sticking shards of glass into your eyes?
or rusty nails into your bell end?
;)

hehehe. Nah, the actual editing process is fairly easy, and with the groups, is pretty much the same as Pro Tools. I do like PT for its audio editing btw.

But Logic just has a few bugs in key areas that make me go: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU !!

im mostly using HD at the mo....soooooooo
most plugins i use these day don't have any delay anyway.
Hows editing audio in Logic for you? Like sticking shards of glass into your eyes?
or rusty nails into your bell end?
;)

None of the above. Seriously, what's so difficult about it? You just create a backup everytime you want to edit audio, if you fuck up you just revert to the backup. Being able to undo things in the audio editor would be easier, I give you that, but it really isn't as hard as you're implying, unless the user is a moron.