the I LOVE LOGIC thread

Logic + Mainstage rules. My main reason for switching to Mac was Mainstage. I play keys in my band and I use software instruments. First I couldn't get used to Logic but then I was like, "gosh, where was this all this time". Logic's MIDI capabilities are incredible. It was never this fast for me too arrange, edit or whatever. I'm still a bit itchy about audio editing, but it worth just for MIDI stuff and bundled plugins.

Yep, I also like Logic best. I used Cubase, Reaper and Samplitude and they don't fit my workflow somehow. Also got ProTools 9 and I plan to use it for drum tracking and editing in the future but a lot of things about it are unnecessarily complicated and you need stupid workarounds. I can't stand hearing "you'll get used to it" and "I don't even need those functions" because I need them and I don't want to live with stupid limitations.
1.Arrange tracks in the mixer window like you want
2.no clicks when playback heavy sessions
3.no need for 2. circle bounces (see point 2.)
4.beeing able to use flex-time on parts only and not on the full session (like protools does with beat detective)
5.no safe-solo, so you can use outboard without pressing ctrl+s on the solo buttom of the output channel , BTW I realy dont know why this is even an option...
6.Panning like in protools.... -100 ->+100 and stereo tracks with panning for both sides
+1,
except for safe-solo. The solo function in PT is the most annoying thing ever if you are tracking or mixing without outboard. It gets me mad so I am very happy Logic works this way.
I'd only add one thing: If you have a tempo change and start recording with a pre-count at the position where the tempo change happens, the click should count in the correct fucking speed and not with the speed the former part is in. Annoying as hell and the workarounds (i.e. bouncing the click) are annoying. But afair Pro Tools, Cubase and Reaper don't support this either.

Plus I wish every plugin company developed 64bit versions finally, but they are lazy and antiquated fuckers who want to annoy us :lol: But that doesn't have a lot to do with Logic or any specific DAW.

Yep, I also like Logic best. I used Cubase, Reaper and Samplitude and they don't fit my workflow somehow. Also got ProTools 9 and I plan to use it for drum tracking and editing in the future but a lot of things about it are unnecessarily complicated and you need stupid workarounds. I can't stand hearing "you'll get used to it" and "I don't even need those functions" because I need them and I don't want to live with stupid limitations.

+1,
except for safe-solo. The solo function in PT is the most annoying thing ever if you are tracking or mixing without outboard. It gets me mad so I am very happy Logic works this way.
I'd only add one thing: If you have a tempo change and start recording with a pre-count at the position where the tempo change happens, the click should count in the correct fucking speed and not with the speed the former part is in. Annoying as hell and the workarounds (i.e. bouncing the click) are annoying. But afair Pro Tools, Cubase and Reaper don't support this either.

Plus I wish every plugin company developed 64bit versions finally, but they are lazy and antiquated fuckers who want to annoy us :lol: But that doesn't have a lot to do with Logic or any specific DAW.

Cubase does this (at least in C4) but I don't know about the other DAWs.

+1,

good point.
Not that big problem with drums if you do it part by part but with guitars its annoying as hell.
My workaround is using punch ins all the time, so the players are in the flow