London gig with Akercocke

opeth_353 said:
Ah sweet - i adore Cult Of Luna! They're one of my favourite bands ever. My friend told me Burst are good so i'm definitely looking forward to them now.

Should be cool! I'd heard Burst had gone all Cult of Luna, which is nice

FUBAR said:
Should be cool! I'd heard Burst had gone all Cult of Luna, which is nice
OMGZZZ that'll be excellent then! Man i didn't think i could look forward to this gig more than i already am... but i've been proven wrong! :headbang:

I've been kind of into Akercocke for a while, but I've been really into them since the new album. This gig is going to be awsome...

The Forum is an ok venue. It is massive. The only problem is if you are near the back, like underneath the balcony, it's not a great place to be really and you can hear everyone talking away - or at least you could when I saw Neurosis there. What is it with people who won't shut up at gigs? Anyway, just try and get to the middle at least if not the front. Also, if you've got a train to catch you might have to leave in a hurry since it's a bit further away from Waterloo than a lot of other London venues.

If anyone has a chance to say hello to Jason from Akercocke for me, please do. I mixed the last two albums for them.

I also used to live in Islington (Gaskin Street) but that's probably irrelevant..

Cheers

Neil K.

NK said:
If anyone has a chance to say hello to Jason from Akercocke for me, please do. I mixed the last two albums for them.

I also used to live in Islington (Gaskin Street) but that's probably irrelevant..

Cheers

Neil K.

contratulations, you did a great job mixing their latest album. But what would it mean to jason if a random bloke says that Neil K says "hello"...

i'll be there, can't wait :)

Silent Song...what uni are u in? im in my first year at UCL studying History atm

NK said:

Cheers

Neil K.

Are you on their DVD that comes with Words then?

Silent Song said:
screw that, i'm walking back :)

Cjeeky bastard, lol. Me and my mate will drive to Ruislip and get the train in from there so hopefully we will be ok and ownt miss anything. After the gig in the Mean Fiddler I had a bus to get so missed th end of DOF which was a tadd annoying to say the least, ah well shit happens i guess.

FUBAR said:
Yeah he is
Is he the bloke near the end? If so thats pretty cool that he's coming onto the Opeth. I mean, if my band ever made it i wouldn't mind looking to him for mixing because i love the work he's done for Choronzon and Words.