London: setlist, comments, gossip, photos and that.

Strangelight said:
I thought it was a good set, apart from about 3 tracks. Strange atmosphere too, which I liked. The band seem to have found a direction now so leave them to it.
which songs are you refering to , duncan?

cedarbreed said:
Well yeah ok ... It was special ... I thought the band was giving 200% and the crowd 50% like ...
i certainly didnt have that feeling - twas a 100/100 thing for me
and yeh Dunc, i liked the atmosphere as well, it was light, no tensions.
why was it strange den?

toolsofthetrade said:
i certainly didnt have that feeling - twas a 100/100 thing for me
and yeh Dunc, i liked the atmosphere as well, it was light, no tensions.
why was it strange den?

Well i mean WE were deeply into it but most of the crowd seemed like happy clap-clap in the first 1/3 of the show, then heavy pogo in the next 1/3 and 'wohahh we're tired let us go home' in the end ... :( No one screamed for an encore for instance, even though we know now it would have been useless.
I remember the Anathema gigs I've seen in France and Belgium, the crowd was way more enthusiastic.
But I really enjoyed the band's stage presence and solidarity like. And the lights too !

DragonLady1 said:
from the gigs I've seen from Anathema so far, it wasnt the most enthusiastic crowd... That was in Istanbul! :)

Guys from the orient have the reputation of being the craziest crowds, I want to see that one day !

Morpheus said:
puhh, they posted my two paragraphs...

wonder what happens to yours bambi
100-0037_CRW.jpg

Shit there are sooo many replies!!
Well it was a fine Saturday evening indeed..
First of all it was really great to see the mates again,
Pieter (sorry about sunday evening :( see you soon mate)
Daphne (i prefer that from Carolin!! :wave: )
Dunc (nice hairdo mate, cheers for the Mozzart ball, now i know where it came from!! :cool: )
Mehdi (hope you'll enjoy the v-tape, 30min of Antigoni live!!! :loco: )

Cheers to all the new people i've met, Andy (hope when you got back home you hadn't turned into an icecube!), Cedarbreed, Chezzy, Marginale, Susie (you're dead funny woman!!), Rafael ("who gave me this tape? did you gave me this tape?? did you gave me this tape???"), Tools (did you manage to wake up on time on Sunday morning???), i hope i'm not leaving anyone out and if i am forgive me for that, twas a crazy night anyway!
I'm sorry for all the people i never got the chance to meet, by the way did Ilaria came to the gig? If so, pity i didn't got the chance to meet her, Giorgos asked me to give her his greetings! ;)

As for the gig now..
Have to admit that i almost shitted in me pans when i saw Lee on stage and especially when she started singing "natural disaster", she sounded even better than the album! What a song :worship: what a voice!
Wouldn't mind listening to "parisienne moonlight" too, but oh well... :Spin:
It was fun seeing Danny and Jamie being so passionate and all, as always! Jamie bangin' his head :headbang: hehe and Danny cheering up everyone, waiting to see people's reaction in the new stuff!
It was touching to hear the crowd singing "it feels like i'm flying above you..." along with Vincent, although in general the crowd's reactions were pretty much "soft", nothing like what happens in Greece! :kickass:
"Closer" was weird... it's entire nature is weird but listening to it live was.. :Spin:
Have to admit as well that Vincent's voice sounded better than before, especialy in "what shall we do now", oh my, though i'd like to hear Danny singing as well..

It was a wonderful night indeed, cheers to everyone who made it feel this way!

Cenk said:
came back a while ago, just had a chance to have a cup of tea and go on the internet. as far as I can gather at this moment, this is what the setlist looked like:

Childhood Dream (intro)
Pulled Under at 2000 Metres a Second
Balance
Closer
Release
Pressure
Forgotten Hopes
Destiny is Dead
A Natural Disaster (feat. Lee Douglas)
-unknown song, possibly a new one left out from the album-
Judgement
Panic
Temporary Peace (feat. Lee Douglas)
Flying
--------
Fragile Dreams (slow version, but not the usual quiet one)
2000 & Gone (with some speech playing during it)
damn cool setlist! and people who are whining about the old songs, please stop that, come on it's obvious songs like A Dying Wish etc. don't fit between the new songs anymore

Dhatura said:
The picture was taken in Sunshine's homeland, in Agios Stefanos Monastery, at the Meteoras. Compare: :D
You've been to Meteora???
What an embarrassment, i'm supposed to be living in this country and i've never visited them! :eek:
Cheers to ya anyway

cheers dwra, was sound meeting you all, first time i had the chance to actually get out with mick in ages, so i enjoyed meeting everyone, i bet it's all gorgous and warm were you are ,*really jealous* :erk: