London setlist

Cenk

Anathemaniac since 1993
May 27, 2002
Istanbul
I think it might be a variant of last year's London setlist, with possibly "underworld" and "looking outside inside" taken out and 4 new ones put in.. I'm hoping that we'll get an 18-song set like the rest of Europe rather than a 16-song set like last year :)

this is what i came up with.. I tried to follow the pattern of last year's setlist and played on it. at the end of the day it's up to the band what they feel like playing and this is just to see what you think the setlist will look like..

harmonium (brilliant song to start with, if you ask me)
release
pressure
pulled under...(kind of like a tension release from "pressure")
flying
forgotten hopes
destiny is dead (always played together with forgotten hopes)
angelica
balance (sort of replacing Looking outside inside)
leave no trace (rest of the songs were played in same sequence last time)
judgement
panic
a fine day to exit
temporary peace
fragile dreams
inner silence
one last goodbye
2000 & gone

any other ideas?

i'm deffo not gonna speculate whether they gonna play this or that song... it's all fucking great, and as long as they play Closer, i'm :hotjump:

rafael said:
seems dead... where's a dying wish and all the other good stuff?
hey, there's now "Pulled Under..." to compensate for "A Dying Wish"! I tried to write a setlist that would be sensible given Anathema's current direction and tried to avoid putting old songs in there because of personal preference.

.... hahahahahahahahahaha... stop kidding! Pulled Under CAN NOT replace A Dying Wish. Don't get me wrong, Pulled under is a good song, but A Dying Wish is a tradition!

rafael said:
.... hahahahahahahahahaha... stop kidding! Pulled Under CAN NOT replace A Dying Wish. Don't get me wrong, Pulled under is a good song, but A Dying Wish is a tradition!
Agreed, although I haven't heard pulled under, I dont think a song from AND could be compared to one from The Silent Enigma, don't get me wrong its not that I don't like the new style, but the two are just too different..to say the least.

even if they play dying wish, Vin won't be able to handle the vocals as he did back then. I've heard a version of Dying wish live at the Chania Festival 2 years ago and it sounded kinda soft in relation to the oldest version off course. The guitars were not tunned properly as well. If they're going to perform the song this way again I prefer not listening it at all.

Cenk said:
harmonium (brilliant song to start with, if you ask me)
release
pressure
pulled under...(kind of like a tension release from "pressure")
flying
forgotten hopes
destiny is dead (always played together with forgotten hopes)
angelica
balance (sort of replacing Looking outside inside)
leave no trace (rest of the songs were played in same sequence last time)
judgement
panic
a fine day to exit
temporary peace
fragile dreams
inner silence
one last goodbye
2000 & gone

so, and after the break?