Thank you

Jay

Proper Bo
Jul 10, 2002
www.anathema.ws
Hello everyone. First I would really like to thank everybody who came down to the shows in the UK, Belgium and Holland!
Your support at the shows was very encouraging and the fact that so many people turned up to see a band who has been a long time out of the public eye was testimony to the fact of the amazing fanbase this band has the honour and the pleasure to play for.
In return, we worked very hard on a good set and to play as well as possible. I personally am very happy with the shows we did.

Here is the setlist we did so as not to confuse some people.

Release ; Pressure ; Underworld ; Forgotten Hopes ; Destiny is Dead ; Angelica ; Looking Outside Inside ; Leave no Trace ; Judgement ; Panic ; A Fine Day to Exit ; Temporary Peace ;
Fragile Dreams ; Inner Silence ; One Last Goodbye ; The Silent Enigma (instrumental) ; A Dying Wish ; 2000 and Gone ; Sleepless ; Comfortably Numb.

Slight changes here and there but that was generally it, no other ones played than what’s on here. I really liked the version we did of Silent Enigma and we have talked about reworking more old songs into the set. Keeping some heavy of course and proper doom! And some new versions. More on that later.

Just thanks to all that came down and we most deffo will be back as soon as. A real statement will follow this very soon as we finally appear to be getting our arses into gear.
cheers everyone, enjoy yule festivities.
Jamie

Good luck with the new album Jamie. I know it'll be good. Hope you write some stuff also, I'm curious about how they'll sound. Just keep working hard and good results will come... True metalheads never surrender goddammit!

All the best!

And keep on workin' on the oldies.... We wanna listen to that stuff again man... Some amazing tunes...

Hey, thanks to YOU guys for the amazing experience!!! (also called Anathema concerts!!) Especially the gig at Biebob is one I'll never forget, and special thanks for the drumstick at 013 Jamie :)

It was a nice gig in Bradford, did more people turn up at the Mean Fiddler, how many does that place hold ? anyway man, yeah next album I reckon Anathema will break into the main stream and knock Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne off the top of the charts !! :p

No, we had this discussion already a while ago. But no-one seems to understand that I don't want Anathema to be mainstream :(
For example, we won't have the cosy gigs anymore like in Biebob :(
And I also don't like the fact that they would be shown on tv between Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera clips
:(

I dont want Anathema to be mainstream too... but on the other hand, they actuelly deserve to be rich and famous with their great albums etc,... but I just dont want everyone gets into Anathema!!! That would be blasphemic!!! "They" are just too stupid... but where can I find the topic with that discussion??

The point is NOT Anathema is "catchy" or "not catchy"... its just, Anathema is ours, stay off with your bloody hands!!!! BAN that radiohead dood!!! Shoot (or execute on other fantastic way) all mainstream people!!! ;)