Thank you

Originally posted by Mariner
But if radio plays Katatonia and Anathema and stuff, they would become popular as well. People are brainwashed by the radio.

not really. there are loads of songs broadcasted on radio, and only some of them are hits. not all pop songs have success.

..Exactly who knows what's wrong with those MTV people, I mean in my opinion even if "they" think that Anathema's music is not good, why not give it a try, see the public's reaction towards it, I mean how can they predict that without even giving it a shot??
weird...anyway, whatever,! Anathema's music is fantastic!

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Except for that they indeed deserve to make much more money, cos they write world's best music.

that teatcher i had said jazz was the best music in the world. was she lying :cry:

Originally posted by Nina
I didnt wrote you or Radiohead were mainstream Andy_2003,... and ermm... moody, are you sure there uberhaupt are any good mainstream songs??? Radiohead and co are only "halfmainstream" you see :) Britney Skipchick is mainstream, and by example, Darkthrone is the opposite of that...

What do you think Anathema are then? They are certainly not underground.

@Forlorn

You mean that you don't agree with me when i say Anathema deserve more attention by the masses? Why is that? Do you think they'restupid because they don't listen to metal or untrendy music? Anthema should spend their career playing for 400 people in small clubs? why? Because that's the way metal should be? That's fuckin' crap!

Originally posted by moody
not really. there are loads of songs broadcasted on radio, and only some of them are hits. not all pop songs have success.
i dunno know how it is in France, but here in Flandres there are 2 radiostations who're attracting more then the half of the audience. What I want to say (here we go again) they started playing Within Temptation loads of times and they're one of the biggest bands now.
Brainwashed they are...
And then we have an alternative radio as well, and they play mostly the songs on the alternative charts, less else...

What I want to say (here we go again) they started playing Within Temptation loads of times and they're one of the biggest bands now.

yeah but for one succesful band like within temptation, you've got 100 unsuccesful bands.

indeed, WT was played on radio, and the other 100 not

i mean, you had 100 other bands played on radio who weren't as succesful as big tits temptation.

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
I'm getting fucking sick of talking about this crap!!! :mad::mad: I wanna stay friends with everyone so my discussion ends here! :mad: There seem to be too little people who actually understand my point anyway.

i understand your point. i don't agree tho :D

i can't name them cause they're not popular :lol:

seriously speaking, think a bit about it. if every single song played on radio was popular, it'd be too easy. there're loads of songs played there which aren't succesful. here in france you got loads of singer who release just one song who none gives a flying fuck about even though it's broadcasted on radio, then they disappear.

Originally posted by moody
seriously speaking, think a bit about it. if every single song played on radio was popular, it'd be too easy. there're loads of songs played there which aren't succesful. here in france you got loads of singer who release just one song who none gives a flying fuck about even though it's broadcasted on radio, then they disappear.
REALLY? it seems people are stupid then over here...