The Biebob gig!

covers?!
you mean Comfortably Numb!
Keep your hands away from that Version (with a capital 'V' )!!! :mad:

you like the growl,yeah?i only have it bootleged and its a shock
but i aimed to the opposite direction,certainly not leaving it out.at least not before i hear it:)

i think sleepless was written by douglas!and lyrics vinny

Anyway this is what I asked

Hi Danny,
I've been watching you and Vinny during Sleepless friday and sunday, cos I don't know how to make the weird high sound during the chorus (I suppose you know what I mean). I know which frets to take but then the sound is much lower unless I try harmonics but that doesn't really work either, especially because I have no vibrato then... But I think you and Vinny didn't always use it friday and sunday, it's easier to notice on Serenades or on old live recordings.
Help would be appreciated!!

thats asking for secrets! i dunno the answer,although i've tried to make the most of the song once.
i couldnt possibly believe that our drumboy would compose my almost favourite song...cheers dougie!

I can play the whole song except Danny's ending solo ofcourse, way too difficult to tab. The ending riff is kick ass to play!! Only "negative" thing about it is that it's being played (I believe) in 2.5 steps down tuning, so I just leave my guitar in normal tuning, I hate to mess with it cos I have a damn floyd rose :mad:

Originally posted by the_good_son141
you like the growl,yeah?i only have it bootleged and its a shock
but i aimed to the opposite direction,certainly not leaving it out.at least not before i hear it:)

i think sleepless was written by douglas!and lyrics vinny

nah, Danny wrote Sleepless in a few hours and Daz wrote the lyrics. Danny wrote some of A Dying Wish as well

Forlorn Hope,The High Note that you talked about is an overtone, it is very common in metal music...
its a little bit hard to explain it on "paper",but take any pantera cd and find an overtone on it,play it to some guitar-guru he will show you how to do it,the rest is easy,u just need to practice alot on overtones to get a good groove,A few tips:use a J3 fret,and a high gain distortion (Rectefied...).

Originally posted by Mariner
Aye!
This is why I enjoyed this gig more then friday...
because the audience wasn't that heavy responding then in Biebob we had the opportunity to enjoy the gig more :)
Thx lads! This was me favourite gig so far out of 7!
Cheers!

THAT is exactly my point dood...

I just discovered this forum, and I see a complete topic about one of the best (Anathema) gigs ever!! Whieeeeeew, I think that's great... :)

Originally posted by Fake Plastic Man
Forlorn Hope,The High Note that you talked about is an overtone, it is very common in metal music...
its a little bit hard to explain it on "paper",but take any pantera cd and find an overtone on it,play it to some guitar-guru he will show you how to do it,the rest is easy,u just need to practice alot on overtones to get a good groove,A few tips:use a J3 fret,and a high gain distortion (Rectefied...).

Its the way you hold your mouth

Haha, well, no joking but I was planning to buy one next friday :)
Oh and do you know if I can use my bass on my guitar amp? Some people say I can, cos my amp is quite "strong" and others (Mariner included) say I shouldn't do that because it would fuck up my amp :confused:
Biggest problem is: there's money for a cheap bass, but then I have only like 1 euro left and that's not enough to buy a bass amp :cry:

i stole my brothers guitar amp (a bit stronger than normal one as well) and my bass plays alright on it.
they adviced me not to put it too loud... well it's not fucked up yet i think ;)

Originally posted by Strangelight
nah, Danny wrote Sleepless in a few hours and Daz wrote the lyrics. Danny wrote some of A Dying Wish as well

so i have to blame metal hammer greece orpeaceville.there was a compilation of songs on the mag,and having sleepless it had douglas for the music.
but after cheching it out again it had white for lyrics eventually.sorry for that!