Anathema, last night in dublin

flosskkii

Spiritual Healer
Dec 11, 2001
Ireland
www.forruin.com
First of all-
Chuck Schuldiner, Rest in Peace- a moments silence if you would for the founder of the music I love.

Anathema were great last nigh, no suppport act, in the temple bar music centre finishing a good recent run of gigs in Ireland- Kreator, opeth, katatonia and then Anathema.

I recorded the gig last night on MD and it sounds killer- will post a link to mp3's when i have them done. Quality sounds very good without any 'mastering' even being done.

The band were good, but the bass player that's filling in needs a bit of life in him, and the loss of dredlocks on stage was very noticeable! Great show though, a great mix of old and new stuff from sleepless and nocturnal emission to angelica and a new version of fragile dreams to my ears to most of the Judgement album and a good bit of new stuff- pity there was no room for Panic or Release- i'd rather have heard them than the Comfortably Numb cover personally.. anyway, no complaints... A dying wish was killer as ever...
John

yeah that bass player was sinking further and further stage right as the gig progressed. at one stage I thought he was gonna play the encores from the dressing room :). And was that Duncan at the merchandise stall signing stuff??

that was some gig, I'd love to hear them mpegs.

Seeing Anathema, Katatonia and Opeth within a few weeks of each other, what a way to end the year

I now have the dublin gigs (katatonia, opeth and Anathema) on CD for anyone that would like to trade. The Anathema one is the best quality- it's excellent with the opeth being very very good too... the katatonia is slightly distorted, but good. Pity i didn't have the recorder for Kreator :( :)

Cheers from Cork
John