Longest weekend of my life (really not good)

Mike

Jan 11, 2004
Denzel, WA.
So I was at the shore over the weekend having a good time with my friend Bill who I havent gotten to see much of this summer. Saturday night I went to Biancas to hang out with her and some people and I was gonna stay there till I got a call at midnight. Apperently my middle brother John (18) was home alone and had his girlfriend Jamie over as usual. He had some alcohol and knowing him he was smoking some weed with it, but at some point during the night he got a call from his friend Sean who he hasnt talked to much recently, Jamie told him not to answer it (as she knew he was trouble) but he did anyway and Sean came over to drink with him. Well Sean had some pills on him a few Xanex pills and a couble Methadone biscuts (which are what they use to help get you off Heroin). Well they fucking took them and Overdosed on them. Jamie said that John sprung up and told her to get help and she said he looked fine so she went to my neighbors house and was calling 911 on her cellphone.

When I got the call I headed straight for the ER which took 2 hours in traffic, I finally got to the hospital around 2 AM where I found him convulsing on a table hooked up with a resperator and everything. the next morning I found out that the guy Sean was in the next bed over in the same room in the ER, Im really glad I didnt know this on Saturday night when I was freaking out or else Id be in a whole world of trouble.

So for 2 days I went back and forth to the hospital to check on him but they were keeping him sedated so that he could stay on the resperator, so for 2 days he was a vegetable but when he woke up he was fine. The other kid Sean was also up as of Monday morning but he has brain damage for 2 reasons they said, one was that he took more than John and second, he fell asleep afterwards. Jamie (unknowingly) kept John awake the whole time, and because of her not drinking or doing anything stupid, both of them are alive (unfortunately Sean is) and John doesnt have brain damage.

So over the weekend Me, Jamie, Bianca, and my best friend Matt decided that to attempt to help John's drug problem, we are going to redo John's room for him, to give him a new enviornment and not the room that he almost died in, and used to come home and pop pills in. We finished it tonight and it looks amazing (especially since before we did it, the cops had raided his room and ripped it to shreds) I'll host pics on photobucket tomorow at work for everyone to see.

Today John went to his first day of rehab which goes from 8AM - 10PM and he will be going back tomorow morning. He Loved his room, and I was really happy to see him well again after everything over the weekend. I have to say it was one of the most terrifying things ive ever seen watching him lay there in the hospital bed looking lifeless. I'm so happy that everything turned out ok.

Just wanted to get that off, and let you guys know what was going on.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope everything turns out all right!
I watched a few people that were close to me going throug serious drug problems and I know how hard it is

Man, sorry to hear that. People like Sean suck. Glad to hear your brother is ok and still even glad to hear Sean didn't die.

I don't know, I couldn't wish pain/death on another person :/

<-- softie

Mike said:
So I was at the shore over the weekend having a good time with my friend Bill who I havent gotten to see much of this summer. Saturday night I went to Biancas to hang out with her and some people and I was gonna stay there till I got a call at midnight. Apperently my middle brother John (18) was home alone and had his girlfriend Jamie over as usual. He had some alcohol and knowing him he was smoking some weed with it, but at some point during the night he got a call from his friend Sean who he hasnt talked to much recently, Jamie told him not to answer it (as she knew he was trouble) but he did anyway and Sean came over to drink with him. Well Sean had some pills on him a few Xanex pills and a couble Methadone biscuts (which are what they use to help get you off Heroin). Well they fucking took them and Overdosed on them. Jamie said that John sprung up and told her to get help and she said he looked fine so she went to my neighbors house and was calling 911 on her cellphone.

When I got the call I headed straight for the ER which took 2 hours in traffic, I finally got to the hospital around 2 AM where I found him convulsing on a table hooked up with a resperator and everything. the next morning I found out that the guy Sean was in the next bed over in the same room in the ER, Im really glad I didnt know this on Saturday night when I was freaking out or else Id be in a whole world of trouble.

So for 2 days I went back and forth to the hospital to check on him but they were keeping him sedated so that he could stay on the resperator, so for 2 days he was a vegetable but when he woke up he was fine. The other kid Sean was also up as of Monday morning but he has brain damage for 2 reasons they said, one was that he took more than John and second, he fell asleep afterwards. Jamie (unknowingly) kept John awake the whole time, and because of her not drinking or doing anything stupid, both of them are alive (unfortunately Sean is) and John doesnt have brain damage.

So over the weekend Me, Jamie, Bianca, and my best friend Matt decided that to attempt to help John's drug problem, we are going to redo John's room for him, to give him a new enviornment and not the room that he almost died in, and used to come home and pop pills in. We finished it tonight and it looks amazing (especially since before we did it, the cops had raided his room and ripped it to shreds) I'll host pics on photobucket tomorow at work for everyone to see.

Today John went to his first day of rehab which goes from 8AM - 10PM and he will be going back tomorow morning. He Loved his room, and I was really happy to see him well again after everything over the weekend. I have to say it was one of the most terrifying things ive ever seen watching him lay there in the hospital bed looking lifeless. I'm so happy that everything turned out ok.

Just wanted to get that off, and let you guys know what was going on.
OMG, ::hugs:: I'm sorry to hear all that happened. I'm glad everything turned out good though and that was so very sweet of you to redo his room. What a good brother!!

My relationship with him is really good, its just with his drug problem he shys away from us since he hides his problems from us, but I have always tried to talk to him to try to get him straight, and I hope with the scare of the overdose, and now he is in a better rehab facility, and hopefully he sees the 3 days of work we did as us showing him how much we love and care about him, that he finally snaps out of it and can move into a healtier life (physically and mentally)

Im uploading the pictures of the room make over now, good times were had by all, it felt great to accomplish this.

yeah hopefully you are right, sometimes it takes a big low to shock people into the right path. wish your bro the best of luck with his recovery. rehab is something that must be done by choice, it isn't something you can be forced into (then it does nothing). I got friends who have been to rehab a zillion times, and tell me tons of stories about how its bullshit if you don't wanna be there and you can get all the ***** you want, provided you want it. It seems your bro made this choice, so hopefully it suits him for the best.

/\
even quitting smokes is like that. you have to truly desire it.

I'm a former recreational drug user but fortunately I never dabbled in heroin. two chicks offered me some in Munich once and fortunately one of them said, "you'll probably throw up before you get off on this shit." And I was like, wow, I think I'll just throw up from liquor.

That's so scary. Thank god Jamie was there. But that's great of you to redo his room, I am sure getting out of that environment and giving him some new space will help him along. Rehab sounds daunting but I hope he makes it ok and finds a better way! Good luck to him. Hope you're taking care.

He was forced to go to rehab for weed when he got arrested about 6 months ago, but a few weeks afterwards he fell back into everything, but after talking to him, he told me 2 months ago "i want to go to a real rehab, and I will actually talk about my pill and alcohol problems" So Im glad that he is in there now and I beleive that he will improve this time around.

To see the photo album for his room, check it out here, it was a really good time and I cant thank Matt, Jamie and Bianca enough for their work, and especially Jamie for everything shes done for John these past 3 years.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/tempestms/Johns Room/

Liz, He told me completely sober that he really wanted to go, and jamie said that he's tolder her too many times and we found it in some of his writings so I think that he really means it, and yeah, shes awesome.

Penguin, thanks, my whole mindset was that "this is the same room that he would come home to and just roll a blunt, take some pills, and pass out in everynight completely intoxicated" Im hoping the fresh change helps. Thanks for the KS blog read.