The perfect follow up to a horrible weekend.

Mike

Jan 11, 2004
Denzel, WA.
So I come back into work today and I get some odd news. I went downstairs to talk to Jason (who is a pretty cool guy here) about the whole weekend. Well he was the only IT guy but he moved on to primarily be the VP of the wholesale lending division which is why they hired me. Well He resigned over the weekend and his last day is tomorow, so I will be getting myself a new title. CIO Chief Information Officer. I have a meeting today to discuss everything, it should make me full time here and give me benefits and much higher pay... maybe an office with some windows, who knows!

I'll post back after the meeting to see how it went, Im really excited about it.

do I get to be Sherman Hemsley?

38m.jpg

im the asshole? 2 days ago the VP comes to my office and says were gonna have a meeting this afternoon to discuss the changes around here, ill come get you.

he never came, nor did he talk to me today, the guy left today so i guess tomorow he will come to me and sit me down with the ceo to go over my salary and such... ill post when it happens

BAH! I have to wait 6 months to prove I can handle the position before they hand over the title CIO to me and give me the big cash. But hey! I do get a salary pay of 35k and 2 weeks paid vacation. Its definately better than what I had, and hey, 6 months from now I should be making pretty good.

Mike said:
BAH! I have to wait 6 months to prove I can handle the position before they hand over the title CIO to me and give me the big cash. But hey! I do get a salary pay of 35k and 2 weeks paid vacation. Its definately better than what I had, and hey, 6 months from now I should be making pretty good.

So they gave you a raise/promotion but you have to wait 6 months until they re-evaluate you for the CIO position? Sucks you have to wait man but it sounds to me that they gave you an incentive to work your ass off for it. Good shit.

a $2k raise is hardly gonna make a difference to me, but hell, 2 weeks paid vacation is pretty sweet. Hopefully January will be really ace and I'll make the big bucks