Horrible Friday

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
I need to rant.

Fridays are supposed to be awesome, right? Last day of work for two days where you can relax, go out to the bar, whatever. Well, this Friday was horrible for me.

Everything was fine. I woke up at 6 A.M. and went to work. It was payday so I decided to go to the bank on my lunchbreak. The bank is in a mall parking lot and has a bump/dip when you enter the parking area. Well, I must've hit it too hard because something fucked up on my vehicle. My front end dropped a couple of inches and I believe my transmission itself shifted to one side. The position where third gear was is now fifth gear.

I get back to work and finish my day. I am worried about my truck but hey, I have a job to do.

On my way home after work, I receive a phone call. It was my work firing me. I just started this job two weeks ago but I worked there back in 2000, when I was 16. My father also worked for the company. Some stuff happened that year and my father got laid off because of pretty in-depth reasons. I too, got laid off because well, I have the same name as my father.

I am still friends with people in the company so I started working there again. People would come up to me and say that I should have never left but honestly, it was something that I couldn't avoid. The company has changed quite a bit ever since Volvo Aeroservices/Ages Group bought 100% of it.

Enough of that, though. I was never given a reason why I was fired and didn't once get talked to about something I needed to work on or anything. So, why did I get fired? I am led to believe it was because someone high in the company found out who I was. Like I said, I have the same name as my father and my father's name is well known in the Aviation industry. This is the great state of Washington so they don't need a reason to fire you, we're a at-will state. Though, I would consider this discrimitory.

So now, my vehicle is fucked up and I am unemployed. I will find another job but this just sucks. I have bills to pay. That my friends, was my horrible Friday.

The incident in 2000:

In 2000, I was 16 years old, in High School and living with my still together parents. In 1999, my father had his own Aviation business which he ran from home, while working at Jet Support/Volvo Aeroservices. I didn't know about this business.

In May of 2000, I was at work. I got a call from my buddy Josh who said that there were a bunch of Suburbans at my house. I called my house and some chick answered. At the time, my uncle was living with us testing the waters of the Plumbing industry in Seattle. I thought this chick was one of his girlyfriends. He got on the phone and I asked him who that was. He replied "Some friends of your dads". I called my dad (who was in Arizona at the time) and asked him what was going on. He said that everything was O.K.

It turns out that the FBI had raided our house and my dad's business partner's house in Arizona at the same time. I called my house back and talked to an agent. I got home from work and all of my computers were gone, Fax Machines, everything electronic that could store memory.

Well, my dad's business partner had a contact with American Airlines who was stealing parts and deleting them from the system. The Feds were on to him and he narced. Since my father was associated with Mark, he was a part of it.

We then, a month later, got laid off. The day after my 17th birthday, I got laid off (got a decent severence package though). We moved to another place near our house and then later moved to Eastern Washington. I dropped out of High School and got a job. That November, the FBI showed up at my house. They asked where my father was but I told them that I didn't know (I really didn't). I left to go to the gas station and the F.B.I. agent was sitting in the car down the road. She then followed me. I lost them while turning onto the highway but they caught up. I pulled into the gas station and they watched me from across the street. The whole time I pumped gas, I stared at them. They finally drove off.

I got home and my mom told me that my dad was arrested.

I moved out a month later and struggled with a lot of things. June of 2001 (my 18th birthday) I went to Moses Lake to visit my parents. My father had slimmed down alot. I almost didn't recognize him. He used to be a powerlifter who benched 600 pounds, legpress over one thousand and deadlift close to one thousand. He weighed 250. When I saw him, he weighed 170 and ran six miles a day. Powerlifting almost killed him a few years back. The doctors told him to quit.

That October, my father was sentenced to Federal Prison for ten months in Oregon for something he didn't directly do. In November that year, I moved in with my mom so I could get my GED and go to college. I found all of the paperwork that had to do with the case and read all 800 pages of it. I also learned that at the time we had the business, my father pulled in a quarter of a million dollars per year. The FBI actually had been monitoring us in 1999....phone taps, everything.

In December, there was this guy who my mom was hanging out with. He was a DJ at KDRM, a Moses Lake radio station. My mom knew this dude from years ago when she was in bands (my mom is a vocalist, hence why I grew up around rock/metal music and picked up guitar at age eight). Later that month, I was having some pizza at home with my mom when she said "You know, I'm seeing Bill, right?" I said that I did but I in fact didn't. I grew sick to my stomach and couldn't eat anymore.

The following month, me, my mom and Bill moved into another place (a really nice place). I got a job working graveyard until Fall season at college started. In April, I get home from work and start to go to sleep (it's about 7 A.M.). My mom and Bill come in the room and say that they got me my own apartment. This fucked everything up. I lived there and then college came. I couldn't afford to live there while going to college so I had to move with my dad and his girlfriend in Portland (it was October of 2002, he was out of Prison). Alot of shit has happened since then.

In the past five years, I have moved about 60 times. Yes, seriously, 60. I had a good job in Moses Lake in sales in 2003 but moved back to the Seattle area in 2004 with a friend of mine. That didn't work out. I was pretty much homeless for about two months. I moved in with a friend for a couple of months and then moved to Illinois with my psycho bitch of a ex-fiance in September of 2004. I had a badass job in sales. If it wasn't for her, I would be making a minimum of $38,000 a year. If it truely wasn't for her, I would be over a year into the military.

So that's the jist/brief description of the past five years and the bad luck I've had. I consider myself a strong person. A friend of mine (Cory, you know him as r0k/Ronin) said that he can't believe how strong I am for as much shit as I have been through. I'm not saying I've been through the worst than everyone else, but my past is far from the norm....and I'm a manic depressant to boot! (But my ADHD balances me out sometimes.)

I've been struggling with trying to find a school and stuff. I can't get into a University and full time at a Community College isn't really possible because I have bills to pay. Sure, I live with my dad and his girlfriend but it's a three story house with about a $1,700 mortgage payment per month. And that's just the house! So I help out with that too. I don't want to be stuck nowhere. I have two lifelong passions; my music and computers. I want to go to school for computers as a backup while I persue my music (which is always #1). But, when you have nothing but bad luck, it's hard to do this. I don't know how much longer I can take this bullshit. Each time I try and/or shit is looking up, something always happens. I swear, God (if he's real) fucking hates me.

Anyways, I'll shutup now. Thanks for listening (for those of you who actually read all of this shit) guys.

Balls.

i read the entire thing, that sucks dude, sorry you got laid off and thats crazy you have such bad luck. thats creepy the fbi were monitoring you, that means they could see... everything o_O

That's pretty fucked up man :erk:

So what's the plan now? Is it impossible to go to college and work at the same time?
Maybe if you worked for a year you'd have enough money to pay off your part of the mortgage and still go to college?
Either way, good luck man, keep us updated if it helps you :)

Fuck manic depressiveness. It's so crap.
A lot of shit happened to you, but at least you haven't had a boring life so far.
You learn through suffering, as some dead dude once said.

Hey, it's great that you can admit that you're strong because you don't want any manic depression to make you turn on everything you love. I almost went through a mental breakdown 2 years ago through binges I don't even want to mention, and as a result I went on a trip to Japan on my own. When I was there, I really had time to think and recooperate. The world is a large place, and opportunities are plentiful. If you can't acheive your aims one way, then my advice is to try changing your P.O.V.
"Time is something we must accept. The unexpected I sometimes fear. Just when I feel there's no excuse for what happens, things fall into place."
- Chuck Schuldiner (Individual Thought Patterns - Destiny)
I hope what I said helped even a little, and if you feel the need to chat you can post here or PM me because I willing to help you in whatever way I can!