Looking for a small amp with that VOX charm and chime?

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
So - this deal is almost too cheap to pass up. J&R currently has the VOX AC4TV8 4 watt with 8" speaker amp (switchable from 4W, 1W, down to 1/10 W) for the ultra low price of $119.99 shipped for free. Plus you can use the coupon code "geico10" at checkout to bring it down to $109.

I learned about this deal over at the Telecaster Forums TDPRI.com where the the VOX4TV series is a pretty popular small tube amp. I've seen lot's of youtube videos for it's larger cousin, the AC4TV with 10" speaker and the tones are great if you are looking for that VOX chime in a small package.

Video for the AC4TV (10" speaker):

I'm really considering picking up one - serious GAS. It helps that I'm becoming a bit of a VOX freak. I have been looking seriously at a new VOX AC30C2 for a few months now, just have not pulled the trigger. I have my VOX Valvetronix for practice, but would really like to get the real thing too. But for $109 shipped I may not be able to pass up on this cute as hell little VOX.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a rad little amp, but I'd go for the 10" version; I thought it sounded noticeably better/fuller (or at least full for such a small amp).

I almost bought one but ended up picking up one of the new AC15 Customs, which is an amazing amp for sure.