Looking for an interface around $200

Unavailable

May 28, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I've been having to haul my firepods back and forth between my parents and my place just to run Sonar 6 at my place. So instead of doing that I thought I'd get a small interface.

What I'm looking for in it is:

- Around $200.
- Has a DI.
- Has drivers for Vista 64.
- Has outputs for my monitors.
- Can be USB/1394.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I fucking love my Onyx Satellite, though it's not the most portable thing in the world! (unless you use the little pop-out Satellite module, which actually still has a DI input and monitor outputs!)

That would be perfect, but there's no Vista support at all. :erk:

So far all I've found is the Firebox (which is a little over the budget anyways), but I'm not sure if I want more presonus stuff. (Have had annoying problems with my firepods.)

I have an Edirol UA-25 and love it. Versatile unit, does anything I could want, its really small. I've actually brought it on the road with me before when I was working in the middle of absolute nowhere.
If I remember right, it does have Vista drivers. 2 in, you can DI guitars with it and reamp with it too.

edit: They actually just updated it and put out the Edirol UA-25EX. It has a Vista 64 bit driver :) has a set of outputs for monitors and another headphone jack on the front.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?ln=en&dsp=0&iCncd=4811

I personally have been really happy with my Emu 0202 that I bought for laying down ideas in my office and while traveling. I got it for under $100 and it came with Cubase LE so I don't have to remember my dongle.

Anyway I haven't done anything critical with it, but it sounds just fine and specs are great. No phantom on the XLR though.

I have also used it as a poor mans oscilloscope tied in with my computer and the measurements are spot on with the specs.

The 0404 is the next step up and has phantom power.

Vista and Vista64 support.

Or check out the Line6 stuff if you are a guitarist. Zero latency monitoring with guitar based effects and mic preamp modeling that could be handy.

I have an Edirol UA-25 and love it. Versatile unit, does anything I could want, its really small. I've actually brought it on the road with me before when I was working in the middle of absolute nowhere.
If I remember right, it does have Vista drivers. 2 in, you can DI guitars with it and reamp with it too.

edit: They actually just updated it and put out the Edirol UA-25EX. It has a Vista 64 bit driver :) has a set of outputs for monitors and another headphone jack on the front.
http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?ln=en&dsp=0&iCncd=4811
Looks great man! Thanks for the advice.

Edit: Thanks to you too aortizjr. Good to have options.