Looking for fresh, New and invigorating metal.

hersickmother

international rentboy
Sep 13, 2003
Visit site
I am Looking for some recommendations (single tracks, albums, bands, downloads, anything!)
Something you’ve heard recently which has blown you away, something genuinely original and cutting edge.
Metalcore stuff Like converge and minus or more technical bands like A life once lost, Botch and Dillinger escape plan or just stripped down focused stuff like pelican, will haven and Isis.
I am open minded and I will look into everything suggested.

Charubic Murder said:
Just look at the other 20 threads a week about "new and original" music.
I don't understand the need to reply with something sarcastic like that, it makes you sound like a prick.

Anyway, I haven't heard any of those bands, but recent stuff that has blown me away would be Children of Bodom, Green Carnation, Opeth and Sentenced.

Esteban said:
I don't understand the need to reply with something sarcastic like that, it makes you sound like a prick.

Oh please, it's amazing how sensitive you metalheads are. Go cry with your other bleeding heart life-partners.

can't say i care much for "noisecore", but Nostromo are a good grind band that border on metalcore or "mathcore" or whatever-else-core. Check out their album "Ecce Lex". And as you like Isis, check out Cult of Luna if you haven't already. "The Watchtower" is my favourite song from 'The Beyond'.

Charubic Murder said:
Oh please, it's amazing how sensitive you metalheads are. Go cry with your other bleeding heart life-partners.
Damn right, there is so much crying on this board it's unbelivable.

Good "fresh" bands:
Destroyer 666
Fireaxe
Scyclad
Argoslent
Mastodon
Isis

hersickmother said:
Metalcore stuff Like converge and minus or more technical bands like A life once lost, Botch and Dillinger escape plan or just stripped down focused stuff like pelican, will haven and Isis.
Seeing that you like those bands, I'd advise:

Today is the Day
Neurosis
Cult of Luna (I saw someone else mentioned them)
Kiss It Goodbye
Watchmaker
Playing Enemy
Coalesce

Don't forget Candiria and Killswitch Engage.

Puya blew me away first time I heard them.

And Green Carnation are amazing.

hersickmother said:
I am Looking for some recommendations (single tracks, albums, bands, downloads, anything!)
Something you’ve heard recently which has blown you away, something genuinely original and cutting edge.
I am open minded and I will look into everything suggested.
Grimfist. Just listen to it.

www.grimfist.com