Looking for more good music

Unregistereduser

New Metal Member
Oct 29, 2002
Visit site
Im looking for bands like Dark Tranquillity Children of Bodom Skyfire northener and other stuff like that. If you know any give me a link to there site or some kind of information. Also if you know if any of the bands listed above tour dates in the US I would much be thankful.

He is registered. Unregistereduser is just his username. :p

It isn't the worst username I've seen anyways. :p

I might be stating the obvious, but: At The Gates, In Flames, Amorphis, The Black League..

i'm just gonna plop down an enormous list:

Death, Carcass, Soilwork, At The Gates, Defleshed, Corporation 187, The Haunted, Shadows Fall, Opeth, Moonspell, Dimmu Borgir, Sentenced (early albums), Darkane, God Forbid, Carnal Forge, Gardenian, Emperor, Vintersorg

those are all "extreme," as the term is loosely defined.... black/death/thrash/whatever

Nevermore fucking kicks ass too, but they're more of a trad/power sounding band.. and Iced Earth if you can tolerate the predictability ;)

just d/l a bunch of shit from that list until you find something you like..

If you like Opeth you should check Katatonia too.
Nile for smt more brutal (i'm newbie to them).
My Dying Bride for more...err... mellow.
Anathema for more mellow too.
Kreator for harder stuff (just started to get into them, check Violent Revolution).

Tell us what of these you like more so maybe we can suggest you more bands to listen to. :)
Also keep your eyes open in the bands'-you-like forums, to see what those ppl mention and like. ;)

Edit: Maybe you should check Dream Theater and Blind Guardian too, even tho they're different style from DT, they're very much appreciated by some people, so maybe it's worth giving them a chance..
Also try some of the older stuff, like say early Metallica and Iron Maiden...

Siren (metal newbie)

Did anyone mention Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kalmah, Nonexist, Enter my Silence, Catamenia, the older stuff from Anathema ( newer stuff is still good, in a different way, i assume), Thy Serpent, The Crown, or Suidakra? If someone said these already, sorry, and if you think they suck, sorry again and go to hell :p