The "I'm searching for..." thread

@rahvin: thanks, I'll check those two then :D I just don't want to feel like I'm in an european discotheque

@siren: did you mean that literally? :p

well, since you're back, why not keep yourself busy making my electronic music bands list? I've already checked Assemblage 23, which was ok, Diary of Dreams I haven't found, where do you get your mp3s? send me a PM and pretend you care ;)

What's this I keep hearing about a live projector release????????? I am very very curious as I've only heard it mentioned in passing and it sounds like an ace piece of DT memorabilia.

People keep saying it has a song off Exposures... on it :erk:. anyone got any more info on where it could be bought or what it actually is?

basically, there is at least one bootleg out there with a live version of misery in me on it. the early version, the one sung in clean vocals. you can find the song through p2p software or by asking someone complacent enough from this board. ;)

I'm going to try this again - at concerts I've attended in the past year,you can buy a recording of the show You just heard - usually 2CDs , the cost is $20 (some $15) - The CDs are available about 15 minutes after the show has ended - I think this is something DT or Their Manager/Promoter should look into?
Why send $54 to Japan? When You can send $20 to Sweden?

La Rocque said:
The CDs are available about 15 minutes after the show has ended - I think this is something DT or Their Manager/Promoter should look into?
and viciously beat up the culprits? it's probably not worth the $20. having someone record official versions of the show is also very impractical. consider the costs for putting out a live recording that is not embarrassingly poor. besides, it's the club's problem if people get in with cams and are allowed to use them.

Gtranquillity said:
It's not that impossible though :) Live projector is a Japanese release and the only one with "misery in me" live on it.

This is the cover http://www.rockcollectorscd.com/data/img/b00733.jpg
This is the price: 5400 Yen (that's approx. 44 euro or $54)
And this is where you can buy it http://www.rockcollectorscd.com/data/c05.html

There's loads of ace stuff there, like the other Bootlegish thing called "Punish My Heaven"... Its gotta be good.

Anyway Gtranq that rocks!!! thanx alot you've made the search alot easier :headbang:

@rahvin - these after the show recordings are of great quality-they are recorded off the soundboards and authorized by the Bands (the are not some bootleg recorded by someone with a tape recorder) - Clear Channel now owns this system - if You know Clear Channel that should tell You all You need to know -

check it out http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1085512916.html

In the past few years, fans leaving some concerts have discovered a souvenir far better than a T-shirt: a live recording of the show they just attended. Bands including the Allman Brothers, moe. and Billy Idol have sold instant concert discs, and the Pixies and the Doors plan to launch similar programs this summer. The recording-and-burning company DiscLive estimated on April 12th that it would gross $500,000 selling live discs this spring alone.

i presume it could be too expensive an activity for a band like dt, not to mention that in most of their live settings they're not the only band performing (so all should agree on a number of things beforehand). you mentioned pretty big acts so far: if average-to-small bands are known (well, by you. it's obvious they're not known by me) to do such things as well, then i guess this could be suggested.

HELP!

i want to print my own t-shirts but i've never done so. my friend has a decent printer and i'll iron on the crap he prints. any advice? anyone good with t-shirt designs? better yet, anyone have a template? :p

and wouldn't it be nice if we had a UM DT forum t-shirt? :D

honestly i'd rather go to a tshirt printing store for that. the selfmade stuff tends to peel off after a few washes.

i'm not actually looking for something, but i remember someone on icq (i can't figure out who) was asking me some months ago about old On Thorns I Lay albums. i most probably can find some, so if that someone happens to be around, contact me in some way.

i'm searching for someone.
someone who already owns or would be willing and able to manage a reasonably big server, vast knowledge of everything internet required, and some time to waste. contact me if you match the description.

On the T-Shirt thing: I would wear an UM DT Forum-Shirt! So, if someone has ideas, I would let them be printed, it's quite cheap here in Germany (considering an amount of - let's say - 25 Shirts, I think one single shirt would be about 10 Euro).

I thought of getting me an dark-tranquillity.de Shirt, with the band-logo on the front and the URL and something written on the back, but I don't know if the Band would give their OK to that when I use the original logo (so the one in "Industria"). Hello, someone there?!? Niklas?!? :)

rahvin said:
i presume it could be too expensive an activity for a band like dt, not to mention that in most of their live settings they're not the only band performing (so all should agree on a number of things beforehand). you mentioned pretty big acts so far: if average-to-small bands are known (well, by you. it's obvious they're not known by me) to do such things as well, then i guess this could be suggested.

There's a small club in Leeds (UK) with its own multi-camera and lighting rig set up to make instant DVD's. I'm not sure how good the quality is but local bands can use it for a price. I'll browse LMS(leedsmusicscene) and see if I can find the club it is and post a link

edit: I'm not suggesting they play at leeds (though it would be sweet) but that if it can be done by a small club here it can be done anywhere

double edit: Snooty Fox is the place

What we have at the Snooty Fox is a couple of grand’s worth of live music technology and stage rigging. Not only do they have a notable lighting rig; with sound triggered strobing and “lasers” (cue Dr Evil style voice and hand motions). But also pant wettingly cool DVD capabilities, which, with the help of five static cameras placed strategically around the venue creates your bands very own live DVD. This you can take home and proudly show off to anyone who unwittingly stays in your house longer than 30 seconds.

This is the review I got it from..

http://www.leedsmusicscene2.co.uk/article/2965/