The "I'm searching for..." thread

Tranquillian said:
I'm searching for a girlfriend. Must like Dark Tranquillity and me :).
Hmm... I wanted to put that I was searching for a hot guy. You beat me to posting something like that. :)

Wanted: hot Scandinavian death metal or black metal guy. Has to like me... but not necessarily my music (but has to respect it). Has to be intelligent, educated, and kind. Also my perfect guy has a nice voice, good family background, and preferably good musical taste. He has to be faithful and love me for who I am... will I ever find him? :(

I should have put European. :lol: I like Scandinavian guys, but it's not a definite. You live in Britain though. :p

Yeah, you could be... but we would have caught on by now. What I'm saying is you live halfway across the world. It's a little far from Canada. ;)

@mousewings: you forgot chemistry. he could be all that and yet there may be no spark. i just want someone who complements me so well that i know and feel it with every fibre of my being, and nothing seems impossible.

Perhaps I did forget chemistry...sparks are good (and I'm not talking about the Coldplay song... well, maybe its essense) I'm a good actress though, so I can pretend... especially if he's educated and has a great family background. ;)

Or maybe not... I'd eventually be miserable, and no acting can cover that up.

@mouse: allow me to try and tell you that good family backgrounds are sometimes huge closets for huge skeletons. i'm speaking from personal experience. i dated the only son of a then-important public figure, from the outside all you could see was picture-perfect husband and wife attending state dinners, educated and refined son with a bright future ahead of him and a developed sense of circumstance and purpose... none of it turned out to be true. i'm not saying that this necessarily comes with the 'good family' package, but it's a risk one should not overlook.

*aw* Charon :loco:
They are the wonderful. :Spin: And yes, Poisonblack, too. Quite obvious from my interviews ;) Have you heard that Ville L is going to sing on the new PB-record, now that JP left? Sounds promising. They considered taking a singer from outside, but fortunately not, because I haven´t approved the candidate ;) And Sentenced are same awesome. :dopey:

Hypocrisy is correct, too, (and Pain aswell). ETOS I don´t know very well, unfortunately, but I got the For My Pain-record and its pretty fine gothic metal. There in is also Lauri Tuohimaa, who at the moment fills in the vacant guitar-post at Charon.
I am looking for the Entwine-Demo, because Panu sings on it, that is the main reason :) but still Entwine are very okay. I haven´t had the money to buy their new album :erk:

Here comes a confession: I hardly listen to DT. But I might change, my world for music is just so full that I haven´t had really time to listen a lot and make an opinion. Maybe when I see them at Tuska I´ll become a fangirl ;)

How have you found Charon and the other bands, and have you seen them live already? Did you go to see Dimmu Borgir & Hypocrisy, or are you going to the new HP-tour? I don´t go, because they are on this kind of moving festival, where eight bands or so play, and I don´t like the others :(

fireangel said:
Have you heard that Ville L is going to sing on the new PB-record, now that JP left? Sounds promising.

No, I did not, but it indeed sounds promising!

ETOS I don´t know very well, unfortunately

My advice: download "bride of the crimson sea" or "the rivers flows frozen"... they're brilliant!

How have you found Charon and the other bands, and have you seen them live already?

I've discovered most bands through trading. And nope, I haven't seen any of them live (yet) - I just visit DT gigs these days (gotta keep my wallet happy, you know :)

Gtranquillity said:
Dark Tranquillity - Enter suicidal angels promo
I saw one of htese on eBay a month ago or so... Lost it with my max bid being $52 USD :( that was all i had at the time... so it must be dam nhard to find.

Ah, Charon and ETOS. Yes, if you want ETOS, definitely get "The River Flows Frozen" - it's such a beautiful song, especially the lyrics. I only have Charon's "Downhearted", but it's a really good album. "Sorrowsong" always gets me down though, but I can't help listening to beautiful songs like that. And I found most of these bands through Audiogalaxy when it used to be the best p2p network.

~Kov.