The "I'm searching for..." thread

Thanatos said:
I'm looking for life's meaning, can anyone help me? :err:
I am sorry, I cannot help to search for the thing that doesn't exist objectively...
Although I cannot be sure in anything...

Gregor said:
I want the orange coloured original KMFDM Naive album...and a friend.... :erk:
I'm with you on the second one.

I´m searching for a good way to organize my mp3 files. keeping almost all of them in the same folder has become a bit... overwhelming.

separate folders for each letter, or even band, or even album? sorting by genre first?
waaah, all these life-changing decisions :yell:

suggestions? :)

make a folder for each album, plus one more for misc mp3s. seperate artist folders are no good. and name the mp3s like
band-album-track#-title
because then you have them in the correct order in the folder already.

what i (am trying to) do is:

- main mp3 folder
- subfolders # - E; F - O; P - Z
- subfolders for each letter
- subfodlers for each band
- subfolders for each record named (year) name of record
- subfolders "cd 1"; "cd 2"; ... in case the record comes in multiple cd's
- songs named 01. - song title.mp3; 02. - ... and so on

Just thought I'd make use of this thread...
I've known for a while that recordings of Metallica's performance at the Roskilde Festival 2003 has been floating the net and I would dearly like to have a copy, for the sake of my precious memories ;) However, I've been unable to find it, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I could possibly find it? I realize Metallica isn't really anyone's favourite band anymore, at least not around here ;) :p but if you have a friend who has a friend... I'd appreciate it.

I downloaded some mp3s of a band (?) named Diorama, which was discussed here some time ago, and also, after years of watching rahvin's nagging avatar I folded and got some vnv nation stuff and liked it, especially the album empires, so I'm looking for artists who play similar music...michele, or anyone? :)

@thanatos: good choice! i'll pm you with a short list asap. in the meanwhile you can check out something similar to diorama: diary of dreams, and something akin to vnv nation but a little bouncier: assemblage 23.

Thanatos said:
I downloaded some mp3s of a band (?) named Diorama, which was discussed here some time ago, and also, after years of watching rahvin's nagging avatar I folded and got some vnv nation stuff and liked it, especially the album empires, so I'm looking for artists who play similar music...michele, or anyone? :)
:OMG: welcome to the club! :wave: :D