Looking for more metal \m/

Miheartsick

New Metal Member
Mar 21, 2004
Heya,

I started listening to power/progressive metal almost a year ago, and I don't think I've stopped listening to it for more than a few minutes at a time since then.

I've heard (and love) Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Freedom Call, Nightwish, Adagio, Edguy, Avantasia, Kamelot, Evergrey, Gamma Ray, Wuthering Heights, Dragonland, Dream Theater, Timo Kotipelto, Supreme Majesty, and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I've also heard bands like Pain of Salvation, Into Eternity, Nocturnal Rites, and Brainstorm, but didn't really get all that much into them.

I'm looking for some more material to check out now, though. If you could recommend one band for me to download, what would it be?

The Lord Weird Slough Feg are an awesome blend of doom and power metal, with a bit of folk influence. I'd highly suggest them.

Lost Horizon and Secret Sphere are also very good power metal bands. And if you like Rhapsody, you'll love Luca Turilli.

As for progressive, get Sun Caged's self-titled debut album. It rules the world.

Yeah, I both of the Luca Turilli albums. Prophet of the Last Eclipse has some amazing tracks on it, but its like Rhapsody II overall, haha.

Man, I cant believe you didn't like Pain of Slavation. GO back, and listen to the album The Perfect Element, and give your impressions after a minimum of three listens.

I only listened to a couple songs by Pain of Salvation, and I stopped them almost immediately. I'll go back and check them out again though. Any songs you'd recommend I check out by them?

I like Lost Horizon and Ayreon, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I've got some Secret Sphere and Lord Weird Slough Feg (strangest name ever) queued now.

I wasn't all that hot on the Sun Caged that I listened to, though. I've got a couple more songs downloading now, though.

I had already heard Hammerfall, Symphony X, and Blind Guardian, just forgot to list them. Good bands...but I didn't like the Symphony X that I listened to.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

For god sakes listen to something else, if it is another form of metal, or music- it doesnt matter. You will become pretty burned out with power metal especially, as there is little variation in the music.

I tell you if you want to be a real man, and not listen to confused repressed homosexuals that sing about dragons and leather, why not listen to some Johnny Cash? It would be the perfect contrast, simple music with a real man who sings about life and pain, instead of this overblown power metal shit.

hahahaha, you sound pretty offended by the fact that I listen to too much power metal.

Choke on dick, faggot.

As for progressive metal, I suggest:

Fates Warning - "The Spectre Within", "Awaken The Guardian", "No Exit", "Perfect Symmetry"
Psychotic Waltz - "A Social Grace", "Into The Everflow"
Shadow Gallery - "Shadow Gallery", "Carved In Stone", "Tyranny"
Sieges Even - "Life Cycle", "Steps", "A Sense Of Change", "Sophisticated"
Watchtower - "Control And Resistance"

Something more "weird":
Atrox - "Contentum", "Terrestrials", "Orgasm"
Mekong Delta - "Mekong Delta", "The Music Of Erich Zann", "The Principle Of Doubt", "Dances Of Death", "Visions Fugitives"
Thought Industry - "Songs For Insects"
Voivod - "Nothingface"