looking for more pt knowledge

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
i basically want to become a protools guru

i've watched just about everything on groove3 but i still feel pretty lost when i actually start up the program and try to do something...

i understand the basics, but i always have questions that extend beyond that

im also wanting to do almost everything by keyboard because clicking around is for turtles

anyone have any advice where i can get quicker and learn more in depth about pro tools and the core concepts explained in detail?

Joey you should have the full list of keyboard shortcuts but if not you can download it from digi. Memorize the keys in command focus and if you don't know what one does take the time to figure it out. This will really enable you to fly. When I first moved from PT on PC to mac I actually bought an overlay since some stuff was a little different and I ended up learning a lot of shortcuts I didn't know in the first place.

Joey you should have the full list of keyboard shortcuts but if not you can download it from digi. Memorize the keys in command focus and if you don't know what one does take the time to figure it out. This will really enable you to fly. When I first moved from PT on PC to mac I actually bought an overlay since some stuff was a little different and I ended up learning a lot of shortcuts I didn't know in the first place.

thanks for the tip
i was thinking of ordering the logic keyboard overlay or the keyboard its self

Check the VTC tutorials for PT7. Start with the most basic shit even though it'll feel stupid, there's bits and pieces of good tips you hadn't thought of!

VTC has a new one for PT8, which a former professor of mine did. Ermz complains about his voice but whatever. The guy was one of my favorite professors and he knows his shit.

Anyhow, my advice is just to find as many videos and books as you can and watch/read them whenever you can.

nope

which videos should i avoid, this site is layed out weird ... :erk:

maybe the ones where it says..... ;)

DO NOT waste your time and $ on these:

AskVideo Pro Tools series – A disappointment,

Grooveboxmusic/Groove 3/Brainwerks: Enter/Explore/Excel Pro Tools – These just aren’t the same kind of quality that the HowAudio ones are, also the music they’re working on is like elevator muzak.

Beat Detective Explained – This is one of the old Groovebox titles, from before they kicked ass. Instead learn Beat Detective with Kenny Gioia in the Tips & Tricks series.

Secrets Of The Pros series - These kinda suck!

Digital Music Doctor Pro Tools Series – worst of the worst

maybe the ones where it says..... ;)

DO NOT waste your time and $ on these:

AskVideo Pro Tools series – A disappointment,

Grooveboxmusic/Groove 3/Brainwerks: Enter/Explore/Excel Pro Tools – These just aren’t the same kind of quality that the HowAudio ones are, also the music they’re working on is like elevator muzak.

Beat Detective Explained – This is one of the old Groovebox titles, from before they kicked ass. Instead learn Beat Detective with Kenny Gioia in the Tips & Tricks series.

Secrets Of The Pros series - These kinda suck!

Digital Music Doctor Pro Tools Series – worst of the worst

for some reason i thought they were being sarcastic haha

thanks!