looking for more pt knowledge

VTC has a new one for PT8, which a former professor of mine did. Ermz complains about his voice but whatever. The guy was one of my favorite professors and he knows his shit.

Anyhow, my advice is just to find as many videos and books as you can and watch/read them whenever you can.

i just randomly checked out one of the videos
it was on navigating

during the 2 minute video, he didn't talk about navigating

and then his voice was annoying...

I learned most of what I know with the VTC Protools 6 and 7 series'. They were the best tutorial videos I ever found. Really concise layout, direct explanations, with every feature accompanied with the corresponding shortcut for both PC and Mac. This was before the guy with the aforementioned voice with a penchant for the utterly irrelevant.

I learned most of what I know with the VTC Protools 6 and 7 series'. They were the best tutorial videos I ever found. Really concise layout, direct explanations, with every feature accompanied with the corresponding shortcut for both PC and Mac. This was before the guy with the aforementioned voice with a penchant for the utterly irrelevant.

so avoid the pt 8? haha

Joey, one of the best things you can do to master your key commands is this... every time you have go to the menus to complete an action, look to the right of the menu entry for that action to see the legend for that action's key command shortcut, and take note of it. then back out of the menus and perform the action with the key command as displayed in the legend... repeat this each time you can't remember the key command shortcut for any actuion until you no longer need to look. you'll have them all down in no time... or at least the ones that are listed in the menus.

Joey, one of the best things you can do to master your key commands is this... every time you have go to the menus to complete an action, look to the right of the menu entry for that action to see the legend for that action's key command shortcut, and take note of it. then back out of the menus and perform the action with the key command as displayed in the legend... repeat this each time you can't remember the key command shortcut for any actuion until you no longer need to look. you'll have them all down in no time... or at least the ones that are listed in the menus.

thanks for the tip

this is what i've been trying to do thus far

i find some of the key commands a bit awkward as far as hand movement goes, but thats because im not used to mac yet.

I tried Pro Tools at a friends place...
Honestly I like my version of Sonar more, and Cubase/Nuendo of course.
But that's probably because I TRIED it, haha