Looking for musicians for projects over the internet

Mazah

Metal Monk
Jun 25, 2003
Here
www.myspace.com
Guitarists, bassists, drummers, singers, keyboard players, songwriters, anything... I can play guitar, drums and sing. Styles i'm interested in: Metal (black, death, trash, grind, speed, power, prog, heavy...), rock, pop, jazz... The idea is to write songs with sequensers, then record our own parts individually and send them on by icq or messenger or something... If you have any interest, please make somekind of contact.

Mazah said:
Guitarists, bassists, drummers, singers, keyboard players, songwriters, anything... I can play guitar, drums and sing. Styles i'm interested in: Metal (black, death, trash, grind, speed, power, prog, heavy...), rock, pop, jazz... The idea is to write songs with sequensers, then record our own parts individually and send them on by icq or messenger or something... If you have any interest, please make somekind of contact.

In order for that to work,You`d need to have the same type of program in order to send the files back & forth.For Instance,I`m a guitar player & I have the COOL EDIT PRO 2.0 If I send you my work over the internet,There would be no way you could Record or even Open the file without the same program.What program do you have to do this with? :err:

markspaul said:
In order for that to work,You`d need to have the same type of program in order to send the files back & forth.For Instance,I`m a guitar player & I have the COOL EDIT PRO 2.0 If I send you my work over the internet,There would be no way you could Record or even Open the file without the same program.What program do you have to do this with? :err:
err.. if you just save your work as a .wav file, any audio program should be able to open it.

I don't really have much time for music these day ( :( ) but I might be interested in something like this, just for fun.

you know I tried something like this. It was a bitch to sync everything up that I just trashed the whole idea. That, and the sound qualities were sometimes total shit. It would make it so incredibly easy if everyone DID have the same program.....and knew how to record.

I use n-track. But the point was that we all have the same base or structure of the song as a midi or mp3 and everyone records their own parts over that and then mix each track to wave files wich are all the same length and send them over the person who mixes it. I've done it before and it has worked. And guy who does the mixing don't have to sync it cause everyone can sync it to the midi or mp3 structure so that they will start at the same spot. Thank you. So, do we still have people who are interested? You can send me some of your ideas to my e-mail or try to reach at icq or something. Don't be afraid to do so, i'm open to anything.

yeah id be interested in something like this... its a cool idea and technology has defineitely reached a point where its feasible. my only issue would be formats etc.

am i correct to assume that the idea would be to play against a midi/mp3 click track then have some poor dude pull it all together at the end : ) ?

i play guitar in standard and d tunings at the moment. i play a little theremin too

you can send me an email by just clicking on my nick here in UM, my icq-nr is in my profile, too, feel free to add me

i just gotta write some tests during the next 2 weeks, so I'll be busy learning

So kind of an internet rock orchestra sort of deal? Sounds great. Keep us posted. I'll need some time to improve my playing (guitar or bass), but I have enough free time to do it, even with another band in the works.

i have some midis (or GP-files), but nothing online, whoever wants to hear something just has to add me in icq or AIM (Duesterhexer)
I try to write stuff for my band that is in the process of forming at the moment, so you'll understand that I'll write stuff for the band in the first place.....
about the vocals: I could try a bit of singing, but what I can do better is something in the Black- Death- Thrash- style (I'm pretty flexible there) my main instrument is guitar, but I may be able to do a bit of bass-work, too (nothing very complex though, I don't have very much experience in playing bass)

We're still looking for people on to this project! Everyone interested mail me or try reach me on Icq or Messenger. Also you guys who have already posted here. I'd would be great if you had some sort of a sample of your playing and sound.

I play guitar, plus I have quite a lot of experience using recording equipment. I'd love to contribute some riffs or solos and stuff to a project. Hopefully it would help get my name out there, and one day I might become a studio guitarist or something. I work on my own projects too, so I know how to get a decent sound quality. Just email me if you're interested: tj13x@yahoo.com

I'm back. There has been a little progress to this thingy. I have a great singer and an interesting guitar player and possibly a bassist and a keyboardist that came along with them. We're still looking for people though, all of the above + songwriters would be great too.

This project is turning to some sort of progressive metal style. I've written an intro and another incomplete piece which you can reciece by e-mail in midi or gpro. Guitarists would propably need a seven string guitar and bassist more than 4 also.

Seems that i'm going to handle the drums which i also play in my main band Farmakon. So we're not kidding here, we need people who are serious about music in general.

hmm sounds like a great idea !! I've had this idea my self too but didn't really have time to do anything with it :| I play drums (have a drumkit here, not a big one though, just a simple one but its good !!)....so yeah :|