looking for recommendations

BLARGAG!!!

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2008
hey all,

i currently listen to Amon amarth, kataklysm, slipknot, soilwork and much other stuff like that. i am looking for some new bands to listen to (not necessarily in the same vein). i like fast and intense stuff, but ill listen to just about anything once,

thanks in advance!

Darkane
Intestine Baalism
Dark Tranquillity
Cryptopsy
Unanimated
Lykathea Aflame
Appaling Spawn
Nile
Quo Vadis
The Crown
Suffocation
Immolation
The Chasm
At The Gates

That should get you started.

All mentioned
Also, everyone on the amon amarth forum is a huge fan of bloodbath, so perhaps that.
And if soilwork, probably Scar Symmetry. Also I recommend you try out Kreator's latest - ballsy, melodic, well-produced thrash metal. Also try The Abscence, Behemoth, Decapitated, and Vader.

thanks for all the help! i now have a full page of new bands to check out!

@cherko: ive actually listened to them, and i didnt like them all that much.

keep em coming!
BLARGAG!!!

Darkane
Intestine Baalism
Dark Tranquillity
Cryptopsy
Unanimated
Lykathea Aflame
Appaling Spawn
Nile
Quo Vadis
The Crown
Suffocation
Immolation
The Chasm
At The Gates

That should get you started.

I fully endorse this message, however in my eyes you can easily overlook Dark Tranquility. "The Gallery" is the most over rated album on this entire forum. Also, At the Gates go downhill tremendously after their first album, so just get that one.

Eh.. I like one or two songs on RTR but the quality does more than decline after that, it just fucking disappears.

BLARGAG!!!
is that like Ballgag!!!?

I fully endorse this message, however in my eyes you can easily overlook Dark Tranquility. "The Gallery" is the most over rated album on this entire forum. Also, At the Gates go downhill tremendously after their first album, so just get that one.
As far as I can tell I'm the only one on here who thinks The Gallery is their best. They're also a generally excellent band.

I actually agree as well. I really like the last two but I wouldn't recommend them for most people.

As far as I can tell I'm the only one on here who thinks The Gallery is their best. They're also a generally excellent band.

It's my favorite Dark Tranquillity record too.

I actually agree as well. I really like the last two but I wouldn't recommend them for most people.

It's not necessarily that they're terrible albums (Reroute to Remain is mediocre; the rest are pretty bad though, I think); it's just that the newer records don't give an accurate representation of In Flames. The older records (through Clayman) are the true In Flames sound.