Looking for some actually good metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodens Grav said:
That's like saying if your favorite bands are Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden you're generic, when in truth they're just among the best bands of all time.
No

Yes. There are hundreds of people whose favorite bands are the big four, Slayer being one of the best bands of all time. It's also very easy to like Megadeth and Anthrax. For some reason millions of people have an affinity for both Metallica and Pantera. They're big, popular bands, some of them being extremely good. That doesn't make it generic. You know what, your FACE is generic. Take THAT and shove it, cocksucker.

Dodens Grav said:
Yes. There are hundreds of people whose favorite bands are the big four, Slayer being one of the best bands of all time. It's also very easy to like Megadeth and Anthrax. For some reason millions of people have an affinity for both Metallica and Pantera. They're big, popular bands, some of them being extremely good. That doesn't make it generic. You know what, your FACE is generic. Take THAT and shove it, cocksucker.

you're actually not very good

I was going to remove all but the last two sentences to quote but I couldn't be arsed

Welcome to the dysfunctional family Rockout. I can remember a time when I thought Crue, Dokken, Night Ranger, Billy Idol and Starship were "it". My friend then turned me onto Metallica (Ride the Lightning), Malice, Fifth Angel, Anthrax (Spreading the Disease), and God knows what else kick ass Metal at the time. You freaks give this guy some bands to check out already!

I'm not too into the style you're into but off the top of my head I would say check out bands like (this may branch out a bit) :

Killswitch Engage
Extol
Shadow
Battlelore
Biomechanical
November's Doom
Showbread
Mercenary
and yes, check back in with Opeth which is far from Goth.

That's a quick list. You should check out a lot of the band forums on this site and click on their logos. Check out their sites and stream/download some tunes to check out.

I am usually good at picking up the trolls and I don't think this guy is one. Just a dude who probably found the site from google and hasn't been exposed to anything but mostly mainstream stuff. Been there suffered that! (Not that it was ALL bad) :)

Malice and Fifth Angel :headbang:

EDIT: You suck again for that really shit idea for a band/album. It's crap like that that makes the Metal scene look like a bunch of emo faggots. OMG MY PAIN IS MORE PAINFUL THAN YOURS!!!11

I actually was watching Headbanger's Ball in the background tonight because I hadn't seen it in forever and saw a video by a band called Madball. They had some kick ass riffs happening on the video I saw.

Dodens Grav said:
Malice and Fifth Angel :headbang:

Hell yeah dude. Two of my all time favs hands down. I actually still have all my Metal cassettes upstairs and on the original cassette release (the debut) the cover is different than the CD release's cover. I'd love to hear the story behind that. Malice 'License to Kill' .... whew, MASTERPIECE!

Some of my other favs of that style/time: Sword, Sanctuary, early Crimson Glory, Armored Saint, damn I could go on all night I better stop. Makes me want to go break out the cassettes!

This is what the Old School Forum is for. You should be listening to these bands instead of the shit new bands and discussing the goold old classics with the rest of us in the OS board.

I haven't posted in that forum forever, it didn't do much for me when I was there. I should go back or something.

Oh yeah, original poster, buy Black Sabbath's Sabotage and Judas Priest's Sad Wings of Destiny and don't come back until you've listened to them and appreciated them.

On one hand, he asks for good metal when he listens to alot of shit. On the other hand, he already hates Opeth. It's very hard to tell whether this one has some potential for ever becoming true or not...

Give him a few mega bands from each genre, the main ones anyway, and if he starts adding the word shit to other bands as he did opeth, then we can rip his eminem hockey fag face off, or just do it now...., can some one tell me wtf that phwoar imoticon is supposed to be....???? seriously its fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.