Looking for somw Shoegaze

Ace

Jan 8, 2010
Glendale AZ
I know it isn't really a metal genre but I am looking for some good shoegaze music. Wanna help?

Sorry for the spelling.

SLOWDIVE,Ride,The Jesus And Mary chain,Swervedriver,Teenage Filmstars(Kevin Shields's pre MBV outfit,way better than MBV IMO).Those are my favourites,I always lump The Smashing Pumkins in with shoegaze as well.True Widow are a newer band that I've been listening to a bit lately.I'm interested in some recommendations as well.

SLOWDIVE is my favorite, absolutely 100%. "Souvlaki" is probably one of my top ten albums of all time.

LYCIA is amazing too. Swervedriver yes they're good. My Bloody Valentine obviously a classic that cannot be ignored. I haven't listened to Lush before - that's tonight's homework.

Hell yeah 'Alison' and 'Souvlaki Space Station' alone are worth the price of admission for that album...100% aggreed,it's gotta be one of my top ten favourite albums too,bring back the good old days :)

I did check out Lush. They reminded me of Medicine. Perhaps a little too aggressively 1990s for my personal taste.

I'll look for Love Spirals Downwards tonight! My fav shoegaze is more abstract/floaty and less rock-oriented, I think.

@sloughfegkillers "Souvlaki Space Station" is probably in my top 20 songs of all time

Seriously? that could be pretty interesting.How could I have forgotten about The Angelic Process,these guys take on shoegazing black metal is great.

I'm assuming Malefic's secret future project will be along those lines. He covered Lycia before, to great effect, so I think he could make good music along those lines. I'm not so sure he'll be able to operate in the shadows like he wants, though.

I feel like I'm repeating myself but Cocteau Twins needs to be mentioned. Early stuff is proto-shoegaze, later is more dream pop, the difference between the two genres pretty much just being the guitar tone. Garlands is a good example of the former style, Heaven or Las Vegas for the latter.

Asobi Seksu has the dumbest name ever. "Play Sex." I wish she only sang in Japanese, those songs are the best ("Me and Mary" excluded).