Shoegaze music

nissan

Sep 3, 2005
Anyone listen to this genre of music? I think it's great. Can someone recommend some depressing/beautiful shoegaze?

my bloody valentine 'loveless' is the zenith of this genre but then you probably already know that

I love this style! Some essential albums are Spooky by Lush, Ferment by Catherine Wheel, Mezcal Head by Swervedriver, Just For A Day by Slowdive, Nowhere by Ride and of course loveless as already mentioned.

Check out Psychocandy by The Jesus And Mary Chain too, not shoegaze per se but it was very influential on the style.

'garlands' by cocteau twins and 'youre living all over me' by dinosaur jr are also essentially as far as influences go. check out the burzum vox on fury little things O_O

I'm checking these, and most of them have male vocalist. Any good ones with a female vocals? Oh yea, Cocteau Twins has female... Anything else?

I like the genre too but have next to no idea about it in its entirety. I basically checked wikipedia for the 'essential' albums and ended up liking these (besides those already mentioned):

Galaxie 500 - This Is Our Music
Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
The Chameleons - Script of the Bridge