Looking to get SSD Platinum?

......I wanted to have a drum kit that sounded original, hence BFD2. However, I always struggled to get an above amateur sound out of BFD2.

Same here except I was using BFD 1.5. Triggered midi great with my Roland e-kit though, chokes and all.

BFD2 kicks have more woof than the baha men

hahaha.

I use both SSD Plat and SD 2.0 now. SSD more for quick demo projects to a great sound right off the bat and SD when I want to spend time with a drum mix.

lates

t-willy

I have both Metal Machine and SSD4. I also have a ton of other crap too. What you need to do is make up your mind yourself what you like the sounds of better. I would get both.

BTW... None of this software drum crap will help you sound original. You can hear all of this software a mile away. It is the norm today. Just accept it.

I was a bit disappointed with the cymbals first but then got them set by:
- using highest detail (stream from disk)
- finding the velocity range that they work in, this is most likely not the velocity that your previous VSTi sounded good at
- choosing kitpiece based on how it sounds in the material, not by using the audition function which seems to distort
- downloading latest updates, some of the fixes were specifically cymbal related
- limiting chokes, I don't think this is as frequent in real performances anyway so I don't overuse it, and there is the kick and the whole band masking it so it is not a dealbreaker for me.

just as a confirmation to some questions above, cymbals and functionality are the same in all SSD4 versions, the difference is in the number of shell pieces.

Anyway, I was playing around with it today, it seems unusual to me that it only allow 3 samples to be triggered or am I looking at it the wrong way? I've kinda got some questions that I hope you could shed some light on. Still very much a noob on this I guess.

You can definitely use more than 3 samples with apTrigga. It's been ages since I've used it though so I'm afraid that's all the help I can offer on that. Slate's TRIGGER is way better, there is an "EX" version that is $100. It's the same plug-in as the "Platinum" version, except you get less Slate samples with it. However, you can make your own Slate TRIGGER format files (TCI's, same thing as GOG's basically) with whatever samples you want. Not resource intensive at all either, at least not for me. I switched from Drumagog to apTrigga to TRIGGER, it's the best out of the bunch on all fronts in my experience.

Firstly, it's fairly easy to replace a snare with a normal Wave file but I can't seem to find Metal Machine's Snare Wave anywhere in the folders. It seems to be encrypted or something?

There is no way to use, or extract, just the samples outside of the Toontrack sampler. At least not without just printing them and then slicing them up yourself, but good luck with that :lol: