Steven Slate Trigger owners no discount for SSD 4?

Pekka Posio

Dec 28, 2010
Helsinki, Finland
Hello there!

I tried roaming through the net, but I couldn't find any discount for Trigger Platinum owners to get SSD 4 Platinum cheaper than the full price (259$). I purchased VCC and Trigger last year, and yeah, both have been working really well soundwise and I seriously dig Slate's snares! The only problem is the MIDI function is so fucked up I can't use Slates samples while songwriting (okay, I could use a different sampler and run that through Trigger to get it work via audio, but that's just very inefficient way!)

I just feel a bit scammed by the MIDI thing of Trigger. If I knew before I bought the plugin the MIDI side is so fucked up, I would have bought the SSD 4 instead and converted all the "gonna be triggered"-tracks to MIDI...

I think Slate's stuff is best in the market, so I'm ready to throw a few bucks more into his pocket, but I would like to get a confirmation that there is seriously no discount for Trigger -> SSD / or / SSD -> Trigger buyers?

If you can get ahold of the original version of trigger, I think 1.62, the MIDI works fine on that. As far as discount, I got a crossgrade discount on SSD4 since I own Addictive Drums. So if you own that or EZ Drummer, etc you may be able to as well.