Lost Finale , Holy Shit ! (SPOILERS)

They couldve ended it with them all remembering eachother from the island and left it at that. It still would have accomplished the same thing. In fact The "Island time" ending wouldn't have been affected at all no matter what they did in the alternate timeline because it was two seperate stories all together. Thats what bothers me so much about it. I really thought they couldve come up with something way better than that.

Not to mention that Jack wouldn't have died. He recorked the island, the powers were restored...he wouldve healed from a stab wound. I mean the island cured lockes paralysis and roses cancer. come on.

Not everything can be giant explosions and everything spelled out plainly. If they would have given a concrete perfect explanation for the island they could never have lived up to the mystique they created. Some things are better left open to interpretation , especially with a show whose theme was heavily based on "faith". If you were watching this show just because you were waiting for everything to be explained you were watching for the wrong reasons. If you wanted a great show with great characters and to see where their journey took them , you were watching the right show , IMO

T
Not to mention that Jack wouldn't have died. He recorked the island, the powers were restored...he wouldve healed from a stab wound. I mean the island cured lockes paralysis and roses cancer. come on.
Yeah but the wound was suffered when he was mortal ... if that theory was correct then Jacob would have just healed after Ben stabbed him , because the light was still on

Also gotta say I loved how the show ended with Jack's eye closing to juxtapose the pilot , with his eye opening

So Rose and Locke weren't mortal when they were healed? How about little Ben when he was shot in 77? For all we know, Jack may not have died at that point in time.

I don't care if a story is open ended but don't push the science fiction driven story line for six seasons if you don't intend on tieing up it's loose ends, at least to the best of your ability cuz there's always gonna be plot flaws.

If I made your house dissapear and you said "okay cool, how did you do that?" and I said "it's magic...", I highly doubt you would say "nice, im glad I experienced that".

Desmond was the shepherd, leading his "flock" to reunite and find everything they needed to move on

Apparently all they needed was to remember their real lives, not necessarily to have learned anything new or meaningful about themselves from their experiences in purgatory on their own individual time schedules. I described this elsewhere as Desmond hacking the afterlife and giving the 815'ers cheat codes for beating that level and moving on to the Enlightening Round.:loco:

So Rose and Locke weren't mortal when they were healed? How about little Ben when he was shot in 77? For all we know, Jack may not have died at that point in time.

I don't care if a story is open ended but don't push the science fiction driven story line for six seasons if you don't intend on tieing up it's loose ends, at least to the best of your ability cuz there's always gonna be plot flaws.

If I made your house dissapear and you said "okay cool, how did you do that?" and I said "it's magic...", I highly doubt you would say "nice, im glad I experienced that".

Actually that would be pretty fucking cool , and I would be satisfied just that you were able to do that. Some people need all the answers , some like coming up with their own. I fall in the latter category but no one is right or wrong , you're always going to have two camps... I do agree that they kind of made you believe something more science - fiction-y then turned it on its head , but obviously you want to keep people guessing... whatever science type stuff was being done on the island was real , it just so happened that when Jack died all they showed was his afterlife. As for Rose , I think that on the island these people were healed to help the candidates with what they needed to do , to keep the island protected. Rose had cancer , not a giant knife would that would cause imminent death. And the light was on when she got to the island , right? Did they ever even definitely know for sure that Rose was healed?

Apparently all they needed was to remember their real lives, not necessarily to have learned anything new or meaningful about themselves from their experiences in purgatory on their own individual time schedules. I described this elsewhere as Desmond hacking the afterlife and giving the 815'ers cheat codes for beating that level and moving on to the Enlightening Round.:loco:

Haha yeah, totally. Me and my brother said that Desmond was totally Morpheus from the Matrix

Also worth pointing out -

Desmond saying Ana Lucia was "not ready yet" makes sense now... but why did only certain people have to be there at Jack's "homecoming" ?
For instance why was Daniel Faraday left to wander in his afterlife , in his musical piano playing afterlife? I know his mother didn't want Desmond to take him...

Depends, it's really slow, almost psychedelic (well especially one scene near the ending). I personally loved it, but it does take a while to get in it.

Just had to say I was reading the article I posted above , and I saw this quote which sums this up pretty well .

"Maybe there was a scientific explanation for all this; as sci-fi writer Arthur C. Clarke famously noted, any technology sufficiently advanced beyond our understanding seems indistinguishable from magic. But with the little info we were given, we (like the characters) had to take pretty much everything on faith."

Locke was dead long before the island was recorked. Jack was still alive.

I get the whole spiritual and metaphorical meanings for not getting the answers but I really think you're giving them too much credit. Honestly Its great that you've found a deeper meaning in the finale (or at least a way to justify 6 seasons worth of loyalty to yourself) but were gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

True but your long sentence sums up the exact way I feel about Lost.

See also: Prison Break, Heroes.

See also pretty much any American TV shows. British TV has it right with doing 6-8 episodes a series, generally 2-3 series and a 90 minute special to finish it all off.
Rather be left wanting more than left wanting less.