LotFP Weekly

jageorge72

Dec 13, 2001
Altoona, PA
Visit site
This thing kicks ass! My biggest complaint about zines in general was the outdated content. Problem solved!!

How many subscribers so far?

Jim.........you really gotta spread the word about it. .....and this BB too. Nice board!

I don't want to say how many subscribers yet because it's still so pitiful, ha ha, but I am on track to get my goal of 50 regular subscribers by the end of January, and 100 by March.

As far as spreading the word, check the website (or the administration part of the newsletter) for details on the referral plan. LotFP Weekly makes a great Christmas gift. ;)

I also have advertisements that will be running in early January in Metal Rules! magazine and Progression. As things get closer to break-even, I'm planning on running an ad in Metal Maniacs and seeing how response to that is.

Also this issue that prints and mails up later today (damn these long nights, I still have over a page and a half to go...) has the Commandments of Interviewing, which I will be sending around to metal journalists the world over so lets see if I can get some reviews or other kind of plug in the press that way. I really think what I'm doing is unique, it's something nobody in their right mind would do (suits me perfectly though, ha ha), the trick is finding people who appreciate my take on things and don't consider $1/week too much for the effort.

Originally posted by jageorge72
This thing kicks ass! My biggest complaint about zines in general was the outdated content. Problem solved!!

How many subscribers so far?

Jim.........you really gotta spread the word about it. .....and this BB too. Nice board!

Whats that Mortiis album like? I've only got parasite god, and its really cool :D Getting hte full thing forxmas :D

Ya know.............I just listened to it 2 or 3 times today at work. It's pretty good! I really like the whole thing. There are a lot of songs on here along the lines (quality) of "Parasite God".......and that's a good thing. I had to duct tape myself to my chair so I didn't get up and start dancing!

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
I don't want to say how many subscribers yet because it's still so pitiful, ha ha, but I am on track to get my goal of 50 regular subscribers by the end of January, and 100 by March.

As far as spreading the word, check the website (or the administration part of the newsletter) for details on the referral plan. LotFP Weekly makes a great Christmas gift. ;)

I also have advertisements that will be running in early January in Metal Rules! magazine and Progression. As things get closer to break-even, I'm planning on running an ad in Metal Maniacs and seeing how response to that is.

Also this issue that prints and mails up later today (damn these long nights, I still have over a page and a half to go...) has the Commandments of Interviewing, which I will be sending around to metal journalists the world over so lets see if I can get some reviews or other kind of plug in the press that way. I really think what I'm doing is unique, it's something nobody in their right mind would do (suits me perfectly though, ha ha), the trick is finding people who appreciate my take on things and don't consider $1/week too much for the effort.

Hey Jim, I've just subscribed, I'll be the guy named Corey. Hope it gets you closer to your goal! I just hate to see hard work go unnoticed, as I bet a weekly newsletter must be, even if your subscription count is "pitiful". Looking forward to the Bolt Thrower inty! As well as Green Carnation stuff (awesome band, awesome band, awesome band). Cool.

Hey Jim..........is it still possible to get back issues of LotFP Weekly? I'm missing issues 1, 2, & 3.......and since I plan on being a full time subscriber from here on out, I thought it would be cool to have them all.

Also........it's good you put that "subscription expired" stamp on there, because I forgot how many I signed up for initially.

Keep up the great work! This thing is excellent!

Originally posted by jageorge72
Hey Jim..........is it still possible to get back issues of LotFP Weekly? I'm missing issues 1, 2, & 3.......and since I plan on being a full time subscriber from here on out, I thought it would be cool to have them all.

My 'official' back issue ordering isn't figured out yet (where they'll be $2 each), so $4 total for issues 1-3 will cover it. :)

LotFP rules!
i just have one problem, one which arose today.
I went to my mailbox and was happy to see that a new issue came!
but then i noticed that all of the pages had been ripped (fallen) out and the only thing that was left was the page with my address on the back :(

I don't know what could have been the problem.. maybe the stapling wasn't done too well... has this happened to anyone else?
It's kind of depressing because I really look forward to new issues of LotFP :(