LotR: The Two Towers <---- I am seeing this movie! Post here

Originally posted by LadyCal
Most movies use just a few horses "cloning" them with a PC and using them when needed - maybe you know the Shakira video (how was it called?) with the horses - it was always the same one.
So it could be Aragorn's horse not beeing Aragorn's horse ;)

i'm sure there has to be a flaw in this logic, but i'm too simple-minded to put my finger on it, so ok: that's how it worked. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by Siren
Is it just me, or did they show Aragorn's horse dead in the battlefield, and then saving Aragorn and running away with him all healthy and strong? :confused:

Those are two different horses. The first one was called Hasufel while Aragorn refers to the second one (the one who saved him) as Brego.

@Onde: Thanks for the info, i didn't know. :)

@Nick: No, it was Lord of the Strings.
And you are Lord of the Drinks. :worship:

lord of the rings rules
they left a hell of alot outta the new movie tho. i still thought it ruled.so i went and dnwoloaded and watched it another million times

I thought some of the changes in the movie were for the better. Since Tranquillian covered most of it, this post might be rehash, but what the hell.

I personally like what they did with Gollum. Sure, they made his character a laugh, but Jackson conveyed that feeling of pity you felt for him, as well as the evil personalities that caused most of the conflicts.

The posession of Theodin was better then "influence from a wicked tongue" like Wormwood's. It made his character stronger actually, since it makes little sense for him to turn against his old friend Gandalf because Wormwood said it was a good idea.

The Aragon fake death was pointless. I see no reason for it at all. Maybe if they wanted to do that scene, they can show him unconscious and being carried back to the castle, but otherwise the fake death had no purpose.

The archers coming from out of nowhere made little sense, since they arrived at JUST the right time, but I agree with it since it added more of a sense of urgency to the situation, and was a good way to explain a little more even odds as well as to show power towards the elves, who were one of the races that couldn't be controlled by the rings.

Olympic torch orc was funny :p

Dwarf toss was funny. It didn't seem believable, but that's why it's a movie. Plus it made Gimli look like a little more then comic relief, which is how he was used mostly in the movie. I have no complaints about that.

Legolas skateboarding scene? You KNOW that was just for the girls who saw the movie (my girlfriend was staring at the screen the whole time when he was on, commenting on how cute he was, so that tells you something).

The charge out of the castle with 6 people knocking over hundreds of orcs was the one part that had me shaking my head, something I did quite a lot of during Star Wars Episode 2. Total bullshit, couldn't SOMEONE shoot them off the horses with a crossbow?

And the whole Frodo sequences could have been rewritten, but it does make sense for Samwise to start becoming more brave and smarter as you'll see in Return of the King. However, almost giving the ring to the nazgul was rather dumb.

Originally posted by Ormir
Dubbed in Italian. :puke:
we all know your ideas about dubbing, Ormir. :rolleyes:
apart from one scene in which Legolas starts talking 2 seconds after his mouth began to move ( :eek: ), it's dubbed pretty well.

as for the movie (i didn't read all the previous comments, so i may say things already stated), i liked it quite a lot. :hotjump:
the only really bad thing is that Faramir is an idiot. also that interlude with Arwen and Aragorn is disgusting. :loco:

Miolo (too lazy to write something more)

@Miolo : You're right!
Too much useless "Arwen + Aragorn" and Faramir turned into his brother's copy... :cry:
...And no Shelob! Where'she? We'll see her shape next year!

Despite these things I must say that I LOVED it! Seeing as real those things I've always depicted only in my mind... WOW:hotjump:

Originally posted by lethedon
...And no Shelob! Where'she?
as distant from me as possible, i hope. :D
i was disturbed enough by all those spiders in the second Harry Potter movie. thank god she's only in the next one. :ill:

Miolo (still arachnophobic)