Lots and Lots of drum software examples

I was surprised at how little I liked Superior. My favorites were Addictive Drums, then Nashville EZX, and I was suprised by the Drumcore 3 one, it doesn't sound bad at all minus the semi-snare machine gunning. The Slate ones all sounded like garbage to me, I can't stand the way they sound by themselves.

Yeah it wasn't my intention to mis represent or favor any one company here. I wish I owned more libraries so the QC could be monitored better.

I to like the Nashville EZX, I think it's easily the best sounding EZX available no matter what your throwing it on.

Not a fan of Addictive as shown above personally (for a default kit that has way more processing that I care for), and I didn't like the demo of AD very much when I checked it out (I wish they could have at least given me 2 toms to hear, kick, snare, crash and ride isn't enough to evaluate a sample set). Same with BFD 2, went and checked out clips of Eco on Fxpansion's website and couldn't believe some of the samples used, when you really focus on things like high hats and rides as far as faster played notes you can really hear how bad/good either the anti machine gun stuff in their software is or how bad/good they had the e-kit tuned up for playing their drums. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt and downloaded the BFD 2 demo and had a go playing it through my newly acquired Roland and still didn't really care for it.

And thanks for posting the metalheads samples Eric. :)

Andy's presets sound mighty fine! Especially the Alaska one.

Some of the TMF kicks kinda sound like JeffTD's ball clap samples. :lol:

Please STICKY this!

Thank you so much for everyone taking the time to do this and compile all the different examples. I was just debating about whether to buy Music City or The Metal Foundry as my first SD 2.0 expansion, and this helped immensely. Thanks so much! :)

Question:

Why does all of the Andy Sneap Metal Foundry preset clips sound like the drums are under water?!? :lol: Shitload of reverb on those. Are all those samples each with room mics on full blast with reverb added as well?

Wow, great job! I've always loved Nashville EZdrummer for what it is...it always sounded the best out of all the EZDrummer packs IMO. I'll have my friend do a mix down with Ocean Way Drums and Mixosaurus. Also I think the Haake Metalheads one sounds awesome too

Awesome :kickass::kickass:

I heard almost all of them and now I want these two:

Steven Slate Drums- CLA Hybrid Kit
NY vol 2 SDX Hit Factory (default dry)

Has anyone here purchased Bulb's SD2.0 preset? If so, would you mind running Loren's midi file through it?

I know it's only $15, but it's still money I don't want to waste if they sound like crap. If you can help, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

EDIT: I'm also interested in hearing the other Allen Morgan and Slate presets if you have those too! :)