Lou Reed & Metallica: The View (90-second Preview)

There aren't even any actual "songs" on here. Every track is the band POORLY playing the same riff over and over and over while Reed vomits into the mic and James throws in random OOHHHHHHHSSSSS and YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHSSSS.

FWIW, I like the first 3 minutes of Cheat On Me.

Honestly, I think some of these guitar riffs could have been made into decent songs. If this was an instrumental album, and the songs actually had some structure, and they played better, I might be able to listen to it. Perhaps thats asking too much.

As far as the vocals go, I get what they were trying to do, but they just fail at it miserably. It seems like they are trying to approach the vocal style of the great Johnny Cash, but don't even come close at conveying the emotion that Johnny Cash does. Listen to "Cheat on Me" and compare that to "Hurt" by Cash. Lou's lack of timing and poor phrasing make him come off as a pretentious ass-hat, where as Johnny Cash controls his expression and phrasing flawlessly. For me, Lou has always seemed like a third rate rip off of Bob Dylan with the Velvet Underground material. He should just stop trying to fit into shoes that are way too big for him, and get a fucking reality check.

I'm listening to the full songs now, and I can't believe these vocal... uh... melodies? At times it sounds just like any beginning musician with zero musical talent, ear for pitch or sense of style (think the worst of your local Idols auditions), sometimes it sounds like some douchebag imitating a retard (ethically right or not, you all know that routine) and the rest of the time it simply sounds like completely uncontrolled, borderline drunken babbling. I'm not even using metaphors or aggravated comparisons - that's honestly what it sounds like. Needless to say, I haven't heard or read a single positive comment about this stuff so far. How does something like this actually happen?

There are so many laughably quotable lines on this album. Comedy album of the year.

"To be giant sperm is like a girl." WTF?!?

it drives me crazy that there have to be at least 3 people in the world who like it (Lou, James and Lars-Kirk just stayed with
them and I think Rob wouldn't be allowed to say no) and that is not possible at all in my opinion, so something really, really
serious is happening in the universe right now.

i bet if you went back to 1984 and said that metallica would make an album with lou reed, you would of been delighted with the potential. however, this is proof that these musicians have lost that iconic magic.

I dunno man everything I've ever heard from Lou Reed would lead me to believe that the pairing of him and Metallica could be nothing other than utter shite. Just... doesn't seem like a good mix to me, and they've proven it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoiVlsIb_A&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

"I WOULD CUT OFF MY DICK AND BOTH OF MY LEGS!"
lolololol
Metallica needs to be put in a room with guy.

GOOD NEWS. maybe this is helpful...

Original source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164187

On some METALLICA fans' concern that the band's collaborative album with Lou Reed, "Lulu", will sound nothing like the METALLICA they know and love:

Hetfield: "It's definitely different. This is not the new METALLICA studio record. This is 'Lulu'. And that's why we named it 'Lulu' — it's not METALLICA [and] it's not Lou Reed; it's us together making something called 'Lulu'. I'm sure there's some METALLICA fans that will think that 'This is the new METALLICA record. I don't like it. I'm scared.' And it's not. This is a project that was presented to us that we wanted to challenge ourselves with. I mean, there's some great riffs on there. There's not a lot of singing from me on it. [It's] Lou and his lyrics, with us writing background music for Lou. So that's what we did. There will be fans that it will be difficult for them to understand, but we can't stop being METALLICA, we can't stop exploring what we wanna do as an artist. We don't like limiting ourselves. But we're not doing it just to mess with the fans; that's for sure. If they don't like it, wait until the next record where we're fully focused on METALLICA, which we're actually writing right now."

lol

tumblr_lsloegANO31qht9b0o1_500.jpg

Katatonia just posted that on their facebook page