Loudness maximizer in ozone!

Nico_pitty

Nick
Jun 22, 2011
Milan
Hi guys!!! i begin to use izotope ozone and it is very interesting and well done as mastering vst!! i'd like to loud my track as joey do with his tracks!!! i'd like to pump up the volume...but every time i use the maximizer the track lose volume and make my song sounds terrible!! suggestions?? :loco:

try putting on more ozones, if one doesnt make your mix sound awesome you probably need another one.

Turn on the maximizer, turn on DC Offset, turn on prevent inter channel clipping, move the slider over to the left to clipping for the limiter style, lower output slider to at least -.2, then lower the other slider until you start to hear clipping in the loudest sections, then back off 1 db at a time until you dont hear that clipping. If it sounds bad after then your mix needs work. But this will get you loud. As you get more familiar with the plug you can use the eq and the exciter to enhance.

1. be careful with your settings on the Loudness Maximizer.
2. and of course, be careful with your mix. control your dynamics man.
3. and finally, don't use Ozone's Loudness Maximizer.

I must have more volume....i notice that joey use oneknob louder...... is there anything more cheaper that can give me all gain no pain??? ;)

ahahaah i'm just joking...i had to put more smiles! ;) anyway i'm not able to use the maximizer on ozone...i don't really like it....is there anything that i can use instead of ozone maximizer??

There is lots of options.. to name a few, L1/L2, PSP Xenon, Sonnox Oxford Limiter (Seems like the fav on gearslutz atleast), Elephant, Slate FGX and the list goes on.

But the limiter in ozone is kinda special (some would even say its magic !) since it combines clipping and limiting if im not mistaken.