Love it or Hate it, all knobs on ten.

Cheers :)

I plan to do more clips with more cabinets in the future. I need to get some awesome DIs together; it really isn't cool when you're cranking a Plexi and trying to get perfect non edited takes for a half hour. The sound is a few notches short of an aural apocalypse.

A lot of idiots of this modern day seem to think that its important to crank the master of class A/AB high gainers... they sound so bad (blech). When you get a 5150 past 4 on the master it just starts to sound like pure ass.

It depends on the sound you are going for. On a project of mine a few weeks back I was doing a Sabbath tune and my Big Muff was broken so I wanted the amp to get a bit of fuzz going. For a 5150, it actually didn't sound too bad for Sabbath with the master on say 7 or 8 or so. I would have never done that if I were going for a modern metal post-thrash type of tone like Arch Enemy or Devil Driver or something. Just different sounds :headbang:

I actually had the pleasure of playing one of Eddie Van Halen's amps last month. It was an amazing experience. I also had a chance to A/B my Fortin Cali with it... I'm happy I have my Cali. It sounds every bit as good if not better.

Vey few amps actually sound good when pushed that loud... most class A beasts, old Fenders, Hiwatts, and Plexis, but it just about ends there.

A lot of idiots of this modern day seem to think that its important to crank the master of class A/AB high gainers... they sound so bad (blech). When you get a 5150 past 4 on the master it just starts to sound like pure ass.

Thats just so true, especially with the precence knob cranked for some really itchy screamy black metal tones, turn the master up and its equal of putting a pillow before the speaker.. I find it sounding at its best with master at 3.5-4 for a combination of volume and sound