Love of Live (part två)

Svarthjärtad;8267578 said:
Perhaps you're right about that. I thought you ment "metal" in general as a whole. I was like WTF? Hehe. BUt now that you explained it better, I understand now. It was my misinterperatations, I admit.

No problem, I generalized a lot too.

@Defiance, read my 'explanatory' post too :rofl:.

Anyway, getting back to the actual subject: Anyone seen anything good lately? I'm hopefully going to a Svartsot / Illnath concert this weekend, but nothing's confirmed yet. Don't know anything about Illnath (think they are a black metal band, but not sure) but I'm interested in seeing how Svartsot are now. I really liked the first album, but then they had some internal problems and now only one guitarist remain with an entirely new crew around him...

In Late Breaking Vintersorg Forum Fashion News, I got my new Docs in the mail. Hot neon pink Docs.

They won't be broken in for Korpiklaani tomorrow, but they will be for Mayhem in a month and a half. :headbang:

NAGLFAR:
I'm going to Maryland Deathfest. Perhaps we can meet up or something? I think we have like an extra room booked at the hotel right accross the street that a friend cannot make it now, so it is empty.

QU APPELLE:
Hot Pink? Hehe. I take it you are a girl? Hehe. I never knew that. In the back of my mind, I had always thought of you as a man. No offense, you understand. But you're going to Mayhem? SWEET! I am only going for just a few bands. Slayer, Behemoth, and Bullet for my Valentine. *I don't care what anybody says, Bullet isn't bad*
I don't like Docs. I have bought quite a few pair but never liked them. I like my Rocky Bear Claw 3's and my Survivors. WAL-MART SPECIAL! YEEHAW!

Anyway, getting back to the actual subject: Anyone seen anything good lately? I'm hopefully going to a Svartsot / Illnath concert this weekend, but nothing's confirmed yet. Don't know anything about Illnath (think they are a black metal band, but not sure) but I'm interested in seeing how Svartsot are now. I really liked the first album, but then they had some internal problems and now only one guitarist remain with an entirely new crew around him...

Illnath is pretty much the same as Dimmu, I heard them twice and they were nothing especial. Maybe they give a good show :rolleyes: .

Svarthjärtad;8271096 said:
QU APPELLE:
Hot Pink? Hehe. I take it you are a girl? Hehe. I never knew that. In the back of my mind, I had always thought of you as a man. No offense, you understand. But you're going to Mayhem? SWEET! I am only going for just a few bands. Slayer, Behemoth, and Bullet for my Valentine. *I don't care what anybody says, Bullet isn't bad*
I don't like Docs. I have bought quite a few pair but never liked them. I like my Rocky Bear Claw 3's and my Survivors. WAL-MART SPECIAL! YEEHAW!

Yup, I'm a girl! I love my Docs already; I've been wearing them all day and they feel nice on the feet.

And I should clarify - when I said 'Mayhem', I mean the band, not the festival. Confusing, as both are coming to town, about the same time. But, in Seattle, we're getting Norskie BM band Mayhem with Marduk, Cattle Decapitation, Celiphalic Carnage, and some other band. Oh, and the local band Inquinok. *That's* the show I'm planning on seeing.

Svarthjärtad;8271096 said:
NAGLFAR:
I'm going to Maryland Deathfest. Perhaps we can meet up or something? I think we have like an extra room booked at the hotel right accross the street that a friend cannot make it now, so it is empty.

That is a most generous offer; I have plenty of friends and family in the greater DC area, and a buddy or two in Maryland, so I won't be needing your extra room if I end up going down. Thanks for the offer, though!

I'll let you know if I end up going. Gotta get tix and I have to do work in DC, so it depends if I can wiggle out of my summer traveling grind. Summers are more brutal than the school year for me nowadays.

Oh yeah - my review of Korpiklaani last night.

Korpiklaani was good. They also played a Shaman song, Il Lea Voibmi. That was easily the highlight of the night for me.

The whole 10 minutes I caught of Moonsorrow was OK, and Primordial was also good - but I skipped the last half of their set to play hacky sack with some random metalheads by the back door of the club. (I later found out that this was the band Black Guard)

It would have been better without the man with a gun outside. So, for the last half of Korpi's set, I was keyed up and couldn't relax. I'd be lost in thought just seeing all these weird people dance around me, and then I'd snap back to attention - Oh yeah! I'm at a metal concert! I finally got into it later in the evening, but when I left, there were 4 police cars outside. Thanks to a friend for giving me a ride home, I was also a bit too keyed up to take the bus or a cab.

(Oh yeah - police class was good tonight. Now I can say that I've seen what maggots can do to a 10 day old corpse. Yum!)

Svarthjärtad;8265178 said:
I don't think it'd really bother me as much if they were truely interested in things, but also proud of theirselves as well. Like Norrsken! I've been sending her Swedish lessons(which this past week, I failed to write lessons up. I'M SORRY!) because I know that she's truely interested in learning not only the language but everything else and also, she is proud of being Italian. I find it awesome that she feels so deeply about this. I feel amazed with English(UK) culture as well, I love reading English and Hungarian stuff, more than my own sometimes. Sometimes, I suppose people can be facenated by others just as long as you don't forget and love who you are.

Sorry for that little rant. I'm drunk and not in a very good mood. :( I just hope it made sense! Hehe.

oh well thank you :oops: (no need to worry about lessons, i can wait, i'm not in a hurry :))
i think it's natural and also positive to be interested in another culture, as for me the scandinavian culture, you learn a lot of new things, you meet different points of view , and you understand that there are many differences between two folks, above all cultural difference, and so on.... i see it as a way of self improvement and a very positive thing.
but you've not to forget from where you come from.
i'm proud of being italian, i think my nation is very beutiful, for both nature and monuments, people is beautiful, we have great ancestors and we don't need to envy anyone.
anyway i'm still fascinated by the viking culture, which is deeply different from ours.
the interesting thing that connects my folk to vikings is probably the runic alphabet. some studies have underlined so many similarities between etruscan alphabet and runic alphabet.
Etruscans were a folk that lived in my region, Toscana, which was called at beginning Etruria (and the folk Etruschi), and not Toscana.
there is still a lot of mistery about this people, Romans came and totally erased this folk from Italy.
but some archeological finds, especially on the coast of Toscana (Volterra, Luni, Populonia), of some inscriptions show how runes are really similar to etruscan letters, so this is one of the possible explanations of where runes came.

this is an example
Etruscan_alphabet.png

they also used the rail-system as vikings:

script_tras.gif

FOTO%202.jpg

At the Inferno Festival in Oslo there was a "Black metal sightseeing" that me and two buddies went to. We were probably the only Norwegians there, pretty much everyone else were Italians, and they acted like retards. They stood in front of Holmenkollen Chapel acting "grim and cold" because Varg burned that church in the 90's. It was really embarrassing for us Norwegians, but we did get a few flasks of Underberg to cope with our hangover, so that helped.

and yes, italians can be also very retarded :lol::lol::lol:

i went totally off topic, as usual :lol:
so back on topic, i'm going to see natron this evening, an italian death metal band, quite famous also abroad.

Wow, what a great concert!

I don't really like Amon Amarth, but the band has a very strong presence on stage, and to be honest, kicks ass! :headbang: :kickass:

I liked that they were quite humble. very down to earth. And I got my poster signed!

I tried to talk Norwegian with the guys, but it seemed they didn't understand me.

I talked in English with one of the guys and he was quite kind, I thanked him for doing the signing session even though they looked veeeery tired.

Priceless moment:

This guy comes during the signing session and says to the guys: "See you in Valhalla!!!" :yow: :lol: :lol: :lol: . The band was like :rolleyes:, and then they said something in Swedish that I didn't quite get. But you can infer hehehehe :lol: .

@Lefay82: Very interesting post, but maybe it's better to put it in the "learning Swedish" thread ;) .

Well, the Svartsot and Illnath show was a mixed bag of treats...
Illnath, for which I had no expectations, did a good show, but I didn't like the music.
For Svartsot, the music was great, but it was the worst performance I have ever seen them play...

Setlist for Illnath:
Zetite, Cast Into Fields Of Evil Pleasure, Pieta, Virgin Soil, Ravenous Crows, Hellish Butterfly, Damnation’s Dawn, Death Becomes All

Setlist for Svartsot:
Tvende Ravne, Skovens Kælling, Nidvisen, Højen På Glødende Pæle, Spillemandens Dåse, Hedens Døtre, Æthelred, Skønne Møer, Grendel, Havets Plage, Jagten, Gravøllet, Drekar, Jotunheimsfærden

More extensive reviews and photos will be posted at our site, hopefully later in the week...

@Lefay82: Very interesting post, but maybe it's better to put it in the "learning Swedish" thread ;) .

well, i know i was OT but everybody went OT in the last 2 pages, speaking of burzum, burning churches, black metal, italian retards, german ancestors and costa rica :oops: ....so...i was only replying to Svarthjärtad
but i can cut it and paste, even if i don't think it matches with learning swedish thread eighter

Just got my ticket to see Neurosis at their exclusive club show in Haarlem, Holland on July 8th :)
I didn't go to Roadburn because the organizer didn't want to sell seperate tickets for each day, you had to buy one all-in ticket for the entire festival. So people who live in Holland but who only wanted to see one specific act, Neurosis in my case, were boned. Couldn't afford to buy one ticket and only go one day or take a day off from work and see them all, but with antipathy.

I'm so happy they're returning so soon!! :D
(any other fans of Neurosis here?)

this summer's gonna be a total madness regarding concerts.
usually there are no interesting concerts during the hot summer days, but this year something strange is happening.
the problem is that i'll be very busy with work, have nearly no free days (neigther free sundays) and i'm able to do one concert this july (nothing enough interesting in june)
but i'm having an hard time to choose.
i really cannot. i've already seen each group, exception made for entombed and cathedral.
the most interesting concerts are:
wasp + death angel + keep of kalessin + kataklism
or
testament + kreator + cathedral
or
entombed + rotting christ + necrodeath

:yell:
only one among these :confused::bah:
which one?
ko15.gif

Weren't you such a huge WASP fan? Then the answer appears simple to me ;) Plus Death Angel and Kataklysm are quite good live. You cannot really go wrong with Testament and Kreator either though. Or just choose the gig that is the most convenient in regards of both date and venue.