Low F test (axe fx ii, sd2.0, Ozone 5)

snerklepod

New Metal Member
Apr 10, 2012
Hey there ive been working on this song, heres a section from it could i please have some criticism im still struggling trying to get my mixes up to commercial volumes but i think im getting closer. I also feel that my mixes are improvingly weekly. I tried something new here and used a harmonic exciter for the low end.
any advice/criticisms are much appreciated!
https://soundcloud.com/tsukihime/low-f-test
Thanks

There's something very odd about the way the rhythm sits with the guitars in this. Rhythm tone is ok, not exactly sure about it and I don't have the experience to tell you how to improve it, sorry.

Hmm not quite sure what your talking about sorry :/ could you elaborate.
Anyother critics?

There is definatley a sort of syncopation between the lead guitar and the rythym section.. But I think its cool :) Mix wise the guitars do sound a little "sucked out" in the mids which may be your sound, but a bit of midrange really helps them stand out.. Perhaps try using multiband compression (C4 and I think izoptope has one... I think) to "squish" the midrange instead of directly eqing it out... Also my friend was tellin me about Waves new RS56 eq plugin being a emulation of a old analog passive eq that can be great for scooping midrange without making guitars invisible. I havent had any experience with it yet tho.

thats actually first time of heard someone tell me to add more mids haha. The only eqing done was a low pass at 13khz and a highpass at 80hz ill add more mids though thanks for letting me know