Lunch with the band at ProgPowerUSA

Oakenson said:
Are we allowed to being our own cameras to possibly get a picture with the band?

Yes you are. There's usually someone there around the end who ends up with a dozen cameras or more, taking photo after photo so we all have a copy on our camera..hehe!

Oakenson said:
I am also pretty nervous about this whole thing ... it is going to be weird having lunch with one of my favorite bands. I get really nervous around people especially a band I listen to! :erk: I am sure everything will be all right though.

Yeah you know it's weird but I'm more nervous about the lunch than I am about driving 735 miles...and I've met the band before...I'm gonna be shaking like crazy and I know that's stupid but i can't help it :erk:

The Metal Chick said:
Yeah you know it's weird but I'm more nervous about the lunch than I am about driving 735 miles...and I've met the band before...I'm gonna be shaking like crazy and I know that's stupid but i can't help it :erk:

OMGosh! So glad someone else said something about the "Shaking Thing". I just hope I don't poke my eye out trying to get food to my mouth! Oh Wait, Jax said it's sandwiches. Okay...I'm safe. *Whew*

OMGosh! We get to breathe the same air they're breathing!! :hotjump:

I am also more nervous for this lunch than I am the entire trip and concert together! I will be shaking a little but I will be sweating like crazy! Argh, I hate it but I know I will. I have never met the band so I am pretty nervous ... I will probably be too scared to talk to the band! :ill:

About my shirt ... visit the best t-shirt company in the world! ... LIQUID BLUE! :)

I'll gladly provide introductions for anyone too shy to go say hi to the guys themselves.

Ya'll are so cute :)

*ducks the thwap from Christine* :lol:

Instructions would be appreciated :)

I was thinking of saying "Hello. I am looking forward to seeing Symphony X live for the first time tonight."

...but I am not sure yet :erk:

You'll have already seen them..they play Friday night, & lunch is Saturday..so their set is something you could talk to them about.. :)

Y'know... there's no reason to be nervous; they're all nice people who are more'n happy to chat with you. Bands who put themselves out there and make themselves available to the fans generally are.

Just observe the usual rules of common courtesy and don't hover over 'em (or ANY band) while their mouths are full or they're having a conversation with someone else or stuff like that. (which I wouldn't normally bother saying except I've seen people do some pretty rude things...)

Man, I have meet the guys a FEW times and I am STILL nervous.

I mean, sheesh, I went to the Rullo drum clinic and when he 1st asked me "how ya doin'?" I just stood there..w/some goofy grin on my face:loco:, Talk about feeling really stupid. hehe!:p
I just can't help it either.

So, you mean like, not saying things like: "Boy, you're scarfing down that spagethi pretty fast, huh, Mike?"

Or, "Russell, bud, I know you dig my girlfriend, but would you mind not looking at her boobs all the time'" :loco:

Talking about the set-list and concert would be a good idea. I got mixed up with Evergrey and Symphony X for some reason.

Most likely I will just say "Hi." to the band after I am done eating, get my unused Symphony X ticket signed and hopefully talk with some fans :)

Ok signups are closed..94 people on the list including the band, woohoo! See some of ya in Atlanta this weekend..the rest, I'll see next week..I promise to bring pics & such back for you ;)

Wow ... 94 people!

I am just getting ready to leave for the airport (4:07 am here :) ) and I can't wait! Now I just need to figure out what to listen to on the way to the airport ... :D

DrumRman said:
Already paid, and will wear a SX shirt.... most likely the one pictured below!

See ya in a week Jax!

JCSX.jpg

What's in the pan there, DrumRman? Fryin' up a little ham there? Looks like you have some shredded cheese in the background and some Mayo? Smells good from here! :)