PPUSA/SymX lunch

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
ProgPowerUSA (progpowerusa.com for those unfamiliar with it) is almost upon us again; who's going?

At PPUSA2, the first PPUSA in Atlanta, the TEoF (The Edge of Forever, SymX's mailing list) members in attendance had a catered lunch with the band (who played at the first two PPUSAs, as well as the fourth). That began a tradition of first the TEoF members, then the list AND forum members gathering for lunch each year, whether or not the band was playing. We'll be assembling for our 6th annual SymX lunch this year, see below for details; we'd love to have you join us!

Date: Saturday, 16 September 2006
Time: 12 noon sharp (my apologies to those who'll be hungover, but we've found this to be the best time; please try to be on time so that everyone can eat at the same time)
1197 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30361-3502
404-873-1119

**Note: Ask for the TEoF group when you arrive. The band will NOT be in attendance this year. You are responsible for the cost of your own lunch.

A map of midtown Atlanta with the venue, MARTA, the hotels and Houlihan's can be found at: http://churchofthemachine.com/Midtown.png, feel free to print it out & bring it along.

Please reply & let me know if you plan to attend so I have an idea of how many people to warn Houlihan's will be attending..thanks, & I'll see you in Atlanta in a couple of weeks!

This sounds like fun, but the aforementioned "hangover" issue could be a huge problem. I'll need to think about this one a bit, especially the prospects of being at the same table with JDubs and silverware...yikes.

rockyracoon said:
This sounds like fun, but the aforementioned "hangover" issue could be a huge problem. I'll need to think about this one a bit, especially the prospects of being at the same table with JDubs and silverware...yikes.

Don't be a wuss, I didn't kill ya at Strato in Chicago, and as long as there's beer & food, you will NOT be eaten. Now if our plane crashed in the Andes, it'd be a whole different story! :heh:

J-Dubya

p.s. If it helps, I'll give my silverware to Jax before you even get there! :lol:

It's not fair. Why does ProgPower always have to be in Atlanta. :cry: I think after college, I should move to Atlanta, for the sole purpose of being able to go to ProgPower every year.

At least it is in your country, I live like 9000 miles away from it...:(

There's nothing here in Germany, well...ROCK AM RING, but there are probably only 2 bands every year I like.
Hmm...but it's not far to the SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL, where SX sadly didn't play this year

Wont be there this year. My hotel is a lil bit aways this time, and I will most likely see a few sights instead.

Have fun for me though! :headbang:

wchuck said:
At least it is in your country, I live like 9000 miles away from it...:(

There's nothing here in Germany, well...ROCK AM RING, but there are probably only 2 bands every year I like.
Hmm...but it's not far to the SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL, where SX sadly didn't play this year
Good point. :(

John just wants to go hit the bars at the underground mall instead..like this:

45897222_1357721e73.jpg