LYCANTHIA pics from Empire show 01/03/2008.

Faster Louder have some pics up from the Empire gig the other week.
This one in particular stands out to me.

LYCANTHIA.jpg

Could that be Doom Metal theatrics i spy Giv?:kickass:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/gallery/5438/Mortal-Sin.htm

Yeah, noticed that on the weekend, but they weren't manipulating them at all. They look weird when they mix different colours in the same lighting can I reckon. What do you think of them Steve? I imagine it'd be much much cooler on stage now?

What do you think of them Steve? I imagine it'd be much much cooler on stage now?

If it is cooler on stage because of them they are a good thing.

I noticed when we got on stage the first time at the renovated Empire it was quite cold up there, they have an air-conditioner facing the stage.

Once you start playing you heat up though it's better to have a cool starting off temp than a hot one.

s

The sound guys need to keep the volume down....:zombie:

I know that Tim used to play through a 400W bass amp so that could be where the high volume is coming from, I can't remember what he used on the night.

I don't know if Lord's volume settings are high so I can't say this is what happened on the night.

Ideally the band should play at a low enough volume and let the sound person adjust the mix through the PA. hence why you see mics in front of speaker cabs.

Sometimes you get a bad mix because the amps on stage are too loud, the sound person can't bring their sound down so instead he/she puts up the volume of the other instruments. If the PA can't compete with the amps on stage then there is not much the sound person can do to control the mix.

s