lyric interpretation thread

freewill

Apr 7, 2010
I'm not sure how many of you are as into lyrics as I am, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a thread devoted to the individual interpretations of lyrics. of course, i was thinking, dominately nevermore lyrics.

To me, Warrel Dane is one of the best, if not the best, metal lyricist out there today. His 18th century-esque poetic language is brilliant, atleast to me. Most of his songs are very open to interpretation, and I think a thread devoted to the perception or analysis of these lyrics would be pretty interesting.

so yea....'sup?

Going camping this weekend. Backpacking style, so it's gonna be all about the Mountain House.

lasagna%20%20two.jpg

Yuuuuummmmmmm..... :erk:

I'm not sure how many of you are as into lyrics as I am, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a thread devoted to the individual interpretations of lyrics. of course, i was thinking, dominately nevermore lyrics.

To me, Warrel Dane is one of the best, if not the best, metal lyricist out there today. His 18th century-esque poetic language is brilliant, atleast to me. Most of his songs are very open to interpretation, and I think a thread devoted to the perception or analysis of these lyrics would be pretty interesting.

so yea....'sup?

In all seriousness, I reccomend you Borknagar. Oystein's writing ability crushes Warrel's, though I love them both.

In all seriousness, I reccomend you Borknagar. Oystein's writing ability crushes Warrel's, though I love them both.

man. the song that really does it for me, is "the heart collector."

To me, that song is clearly warrel's interpretation of "the raven" by Edgar Allen Poe. i mean, that's just me, but that one song easliy propells him out of reach to other metal lyricists.

John, I don't know if you can compare the two. It's all subjective really. I found Oystein sometimes meaning too little with too many words. I also find the themes they approach much more epic and flamboyant than those of Nevermore.

i am interested in others interpretations of "the heart collector." i mean, we all know its an amazing song, but hwat does it mean to you?