lyrical content or vocal delivery ?

the other thing I hate it that it is a bit disturbing to cover a song which is thrashing, but the lyrics are so grotesque, I mean extreme stuff only though.

Wheezer said:
I gotta go with both. If, and that's a big if, I could choose only one then it would have to be delivery. Janis Joplin did not have the best voice in the world but you can feel every damn note she sings because she felt every damn note. Of course she had some pretty cool lyrics to sing too.

Windshield wipers slapping time

If that don't paint the picture and the mood then you're already dead.

Praising Janis? How old are you dude? I agree with you, she was a great performer .... in the 60's.... you may need to upgrade to Musical References 2.0 :D

Someone has already said it, but some bands you just can't understand what the fuck is coming out of their mouths ... which is not a bad thing all the time. Lyrics are very important, if you can understand them, and then only if they are sung with passion and conviction. Its a world of difference between a singer who's experienced what he/she is singing about and some fucking boy band that is told to be cute and read the lyrics.

ZoMb!M@N said:
Praising Janis? How old are you dude? I agree with you, she was a great performer .... in the 60's.... you may need to upgrade to Musical References 2.0 :D

He is old as dirt and yet still younger than I... I think. When I was growing up, the only rock and roll guy was Sinatra !! Old blue eyes could blow though. Actually I am joking. :loco:

Bryant

ZoMb!M@N said:
Praising Janis? How old are you dude?

Old enough to be your daddy! :p

ZoMb!M@N said:
I agree with you, she was a great performer .... in the 60's.... you may need to upgrade to Musical References 2.0 :D

You young pups. Those that fail to learn their history are condemned to repeat it. I vote you repeat Disco. :D

Bryant said:
He is old as dirt and yet still younger than I... I think. When I was growing up, the only rock and roll guy was Sinatra !! Old blue eyes could blow though. Actually I am joking. :loco:
Bryant

It's not that you're older it's that Alabama is so far behind the times. :D

I would have to say vocal delivery. I was gonna say lyrics because it's always nice to relate to a song...but then I thought of Bruce Dickinson. There are absolutely NO Iron Maiden songs in which I can say, "oh yeah, I relate to that"...because I've never attended a nightly ritual or seen the white man pillage indians from across the seas, but when Bruce yells, "Run FOOOOOOOOOOOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE" in Run to the Hills, well, I just love it. Vocal delivery all the way.