Lyrical phrases that for some reason get to you

^ ok, now I know what you think and my life will surely get alot better.

no disrespect, but that lyric sucks :D

I thought the lyrics were good, they make a nice point about how our society glorifies the dead and treats them like saints *cough* Jade Goody *cough*

Symbolic (Death)

I close my eyes
And sink within myself
Relive the gift of precious memories
In need of a fix called innocence

When did it begin?
The change to come was undetectable
The open wounds expose the importance of
Our innocence
A high that can never be bought or sold
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

Nothing Is Everything
Look deep in their eyes
For what they have to say
Emotions take control of life everyday

Just one second and I was left with nothing
her fragrance still pulsating through damp air
that day came to an end
and she had lost in me her credence

theres nothing good about these lyrics.. u just like that part of the song. mike is not a good lyricist.

Sorry i don't usually throw shit like that, i'm sure people can relate to stuff like that.

no harm done.
yeah, I can really relate to it, as I've known people who had really miserable lives and no one gave a shit about them or even talked to them at all, so they took their lives, and suddenly it's a race for who knew them the best, and everyone wants to be their best friends, for people to feel sorry for them..

I hate those people..
just look at all these stupid facobook groups "we miss you .... " with like 5000 members, and none of them had ever spoken to him/her.

My english suddenly got it's ass kicked in this message.

no harm done.
yeah, I can really relate to it, as I've known people who had really miserable lives and no one gave a shit about them or even talked to them at all, so they took their lives, and suddenly it's a race for who knew them the best, and everyone wants to be their best friends, for people to feel sorry for them..

I hate those people..
just look at all these stupid facobook groups "we miss you .... " with like 5000 members, and none of them had ever spoken to him/her.

My english suddenly got it's ass kicked in this message.

That suddently brought a whole new perspective to it, i get you, and i apologize for being an ass!

^me too.

though I have to say I'm too stupid to understand what some of the songs are about. takes time for me and I have to study them well. some people like it, some don't.

Lost love
Bright eyes fading
Faster than stars falling
How can I tell you that I've failed?
Tell you I failed

Falling from grace cause I've been away too long
Leaving you behind with me lonesome song
Now I'm lost in oblivion

The whole song is quite powerful imo

most opeth lyrics are full of pointless phrases that are metaphors for absolutely nothing.
most pt lyrics are pretty bad too, there's only a few songs scattered throughout his discography that actually have good lyrics.

for well-written, I'd have to say a lot of the stuff that chuck schuldiner wrote after spiritual healing.

Never would he in his life
Return back to the town
Where his childhood dreams
Lie shattered on the playground
Where the swing is now only swung
By grey winds of memories