Lyrics interpretation!

Granskog

Kalle
Jan 29, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Lets discuss the message of symphony x's lyrics.

ive been think about of sins and shadows lately. what do you think about that one? personally i have no clue

inferno is another one.

and the odyssey...... well, no. :D

I don't know. A lot of their lyrics are fantasy-based, yet not really defined. Of Sins and Shadows seems like a story of human wrongs and destruction. Inferno seems like a strory about overcoming hardships through internal strength. I think that the lyrics basically kick ass.

I am pretty sure DWOT is based on Paradise Lost, I am reading it right now and it goes right along with it. It has made me love this song twice as much, it fits lyrically and musically.

I can see where Of Sins and Shadows is about the black plague.

Where did you hear that "Of Sins and Shadows" is about the black plague? I'm not arguing, I'm just curious.

I think TTLG goes beyond Alice in Wonderland though. I think it's about how there's more to the world than what we can see and explain, and that there's some reason to all the madness. For some reason that song always seemed religious to me, and I'm not even a very religious guy. I love the lyrics that aren't really about a concept, but are more about themes and imagery. Inferno's a good example - rising above adversity through inner strength - I love it.

Please, dont just through out something like "wicked is about george bush" or something. state further why.

sins&shred:
Yeah, I must say I was kinda freaked out when I heard "Run, Alice, run through the looking glass!" It's allegorical enough to kick ass."
wtf? where does he say that? i know about the "run alice..." part, but the rest was new to me.

read miller's own words about candlelight fantasia here: http://www.symphonyx.com/faq_band.html#13

sea of lies has to be about putting up a masque(sp?) and hiding from the truth. thus being in a sea of lies. maybe...

Granskog said:
Please, dont just through out something like "wicked is about george bush" or something. state further why.

sins&shred:
wtf? where does he say that? i know about the "run alice..." part, but the rest was new to me.

read miller's own words about candlelight fantasia here: http://www.symphonyx.com/faq_band.html#13

sea of lies has to be about putting up a masque(sp?) and hiding from the truth. thus being in a sea of lies. maybe...

Listen to it with headphones and you'll here it.

ohhh....i like this thread...ya know i never really think to hard about the lyrics when i listen to the music. all i know is that they kick ass. but its fun to try to make sense of them sometimes. i never really thought of what a lot of them might mean. smoke and mirrors? church of the machine? anyone know what those are?

OfSinsAndShred said:
I think TTLG goes beyond Alice in Wonderland though. I think it's about how there's more to the world than what we can see and explain, and that there's some reason to all the madness.

i like that :)