M-Audio Fast Track Pro good enough?

theguitarfreak

New Metal Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hi, this is my first post in Ultimate Metal. I am trying to build a budget home studio. I have bought an M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Is the quality offered by it good enough for making close to professional quality band demos? I will be programming the drums in Superior 2.0 and wont need more than i input at a time.

No complaints about mine, but if you are getting pops/clicks/glitches in your recording and playback audio, try disabling your network adapters as well as buffer size. My problem comes from network adapters. So, no internet while recording...fair enough, I guess. I love it for its portability.

It seems too good to be true for the low price, but it is a great first interface. I got mine to replace my fried Presonus FP10 and besides not having as many inputs or midi input, the sounds are pretty much identical.

it's a good piece of gear (for demos anyway). a friend has lots of fun with amp sims and guitar modeling software, and he's getting rather good sounds.

It seems too good to be true for the low price, but it is a great first interface. I got mine to replace my fried Presonus FP10 and besides not having as many inputs or midi input, the sounds are pretty much identical.

The Fast-Track Pro has MIDI In & Out, I should know, I use my Roland e-kit with my Fast-Track Pro all the time!

Whoops, didn't read, was doing a little drunk posting lol. I have a regular ass fast track, which has no midi... I should have just spent the extra $50 and bought a pro, well damn.