Mabool: The Story of the Three Sons of Seven

Oh that's why you were upset I wasn't responding, you singled me out! :tickled:

I was keeping tabs on this when you first posted, and yes I'd love a CD-R thanks much. :Spin:

This, Mark Ryden... lemme dig through some threads and find some more shtuff.

This is great, this is the first time I've nearly caught up with my promo pile and I have 24 CD-R's staring me in the face that everyone wants feedback on. :tickled:

I think I've got it: Mark Ryden, Orphaned Land, Nokturnal Mortum. Let me make a better list though and get back to you via PM. For now, I'm off to bed...

You know why I think 70's? It's very theatrical. It's like a stage production.

Dream Theater are technical and precise (and therefore very 'self contained), Orphaned Land is a lot more 'spiritual' and larger than life.

Or simply put: Orphaned Land > Dream Theater

:loco:

Defiinitely grade A. You know what is funny. The new prince of persia game, besides from using ugggh, Godsmack in the game, has a very decent metal sounding soundtrack in the game. A lot of it reminds me of Orphaned Land, with that middle eastern mystical vibe to it. Sounds like something they would do, just no vocals.

seriously. decent in video game music that is heavy!

Evil C.

JayKeeley said:
70's Prog, 80's Metal, and 90's avante garde. It is an album for the ages.
I agree that I hear all those influences (usually indirectly), but the latter part I find to be closer to the truth as it has a timeless quality, and is one of the best examples of using centuries old traditions in a modern context I've ever heard...

I agree that it sounds more 70s Prog, than 90s. I don't hear much of a Dream Theater influence, but then again, I don't listen to a great deal of DT.

The disc is one of the more original sounding CDs released in recent memory. The only flaw I find, is that there's three or four songs, towards the end, that drag a bit, before the CD finishes up quite nicely.

Zod

Reactions: Dead_Lioness