Mabool: The Story of the Three Sons of Seven

They stole the show at ProgPower by the way...f'ing mesmerizing. I don't see why Harveston doesn't just make every band an "odd ball" band and do away with the Stratovarius' of the world. Of course, 3 people would show, but you know. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
They stole the show at ProgPower by the way...f'ing mesmerizing.
Cirus Maxiumus stole that show. Moreso because of how little was expected by them. And because Mike's vocals were as flawless as I've ever heard live vocals.

JayKeeley said:
I don't see why Harveston doesn't just make every band an "odd ball" band and do away with the Stratovarius' of the world. Of course, 3 people would show, but you know.
I've seen two many awesome performances, that I wouldn't have seen othersie, to ever advocate such an insane suggestion. That said, I would love it if he tried to go with two Prog bands, 2 Power bands and 1 "odd ball" each night.

Zod

JayKeeley said:
When I first reviewed this, it was an 8.75/10.

A year later, it was a 9.75/10.

Saw them live at ProgPower, listened to it a little more, and yep, it's 10/10.

Certainly one of the best releases of the last 10 years, no exaggeration.

I like inserting paragraph breaks for each new sentence.

I'm right there with you. Bar none.

General Zod said:
I've seen two many awesome performances, that I wouldn't have seen othersie, to ever advocate such an insane suggestion. That said, I would love it if he tried to go with two Prog bands, 2 Power bands and 1 "odd ball" each night.

Haha, not sure how it's insane to want a better show!! Let's face it, at least 50% of ProgPower is spent in the bar or buying CDs etc (even while the bands are playing).

On the flipside, just look at Heathen Crusade. Sure, it hasn't actually happened yet, but for lineup alone it's quite miraculous -- meaning: each of those bands would be considered "oddballs".

More bands like Orphaned Land and Mercenary at ProgPower? Yes please! (Not that I saw Mercenary, but you know what I mean). :tickled:

Re: Circus Maximus, I didn't really catch the performance. When I see someone on stage playing a "keytar" like Howard Jones, I normally don't stick around. That's the way I roll. :loco:

I was particularly blown away by "The Kiss of Babylon" for some reason this time

Well, hot diggity-fuckin-dayum! I think I am finally coming around to this album. Why the fuck it took so long, is beyond me. This is brilliant.

Now I wish I didnt sell my ANA album. I think it just comes down to too much godamn music to listen to and focus on....and this is a "focuser-er."

Reactions: Dead_Lioness
Well, hot diggity-fuckin-dayum! I think I am finally coming around to this album. Why the fuck it took so long, is beyond me. This is brilliant.

Now I wish I didnt sell my ANA album. I think it just comes down to too much godamn music to listen to and focus on....and this is a "focuser-er."

yeah man :kickass:

Everything I've said about this album in this thread and elsewhere still applies, this will undoubtedly be in my top twenty of the decade, if the new one is half as good I'll be more than satisfied...the latest bump reminds me that I haven't listened to El Norra in ages, likely because it was an inevitable letdown (I do think it has some great songs: Flawless Belief, Neverending Way, Like Fire To Water) since I heard it after being entranced by Mabool.

the latest bump reminds me that I haven't listened to El Norra in ages, likely because it was an inevitable letdown since I heard it after being entranced by Mabool.

Agreed, though now that you've had the time to soak in Mabool, give El Norra Alila the attention it deserves. Not quite on the same plateau, but a very, very worthy album in its own right.

When the hell is the new one coming out? Surely the most anticipated album....and surely to be a let down compared to the almighty Mabool. Still, I eagerly await new material from my middle eastern brothers, jagshemash.